Basic onsite camping is included free with an Overland Experience package.
Day pass attendees are welcome to camp in the basic camping area for $10 per night on an as-available basis (it’s a really large area, and we don’t expect to fill up).
The site is a wide, level grass field just north of and adjacent to the main exhibitor and training areas (map link).
There will be porta-johns around the site, and flush toilets and limited shower facilities are available in the adjacent RV park, along with water for filling up.
No electricity. (Please, no generators after sunset.) There will be 24-hour security.
Pets are welcome, but please clean up after them; make sure you read the Pet Rules.
Rules for onsite camping:
Please, no open fires. Stoves and barbecues are okay; please douse charcoal fires with water when unattended.
Reservations are not required for basic camping—Overland Experience registrants have camping included in the price, but not reserved spots. Groups are welcome to stake out their own areas.
Camping opens Thursday at 12:00 PM. You may stay over Sunday night.
Mormon Lake RV Park
[NOTE: AS OF FEBRUARY 25 THE RV PARK IS FULL WITH A WAITLIST, SORRY! MAKE ALTERNATE PLANS, SEE BELOW.] Mormon Lake Lodge operates an adjacent developed campsite with pull-through RV sites with full hookups and electricity; these are available on a reserved or first-come basis. Tents and no-hookup truck and motorcycle campers are welcome in this area as well.
OTHER RV PARKS IN REGION (WITHIN 20 MINUTES):
SEE OUR FLAGSTAFF GUIDE FOR ALTERNATIVES.
Coconino National Forest campgrounds and dispersed camping
There are two U.S. Forest Service campgrounds just west of Mormon Lake Lodge: Dairy Springs (30 single sites, two group sites) and Double Springs (15 single sites), with tables, grills, water, and toilets. Sites are well-spaced and shaded. $16 per night. For more information, see the Forest Service page: Coconino campgrounds. Another Forest Service campground, Kinnikinick (13 sites), is about eight miles away.
For those who prefer more solitude, dispersed camping is also allowed in Coconino National Forest. For a detailed guide to regulations and suggested sites, see: Dispersed camping.
Flagstaff has thousands of hotel rooms, from budget to full spa luxury.
Please note: the Mormon Lake Lodge is fully booked by OX for staff, presenters, media, and exhibitors (if you are among this group and would like to book a room, please contact OX, do not call the lodge; please don't call if you are NOT media or exhibitor).
Meanwhile, you can check out all the possibilities around Flagstaff; we suggest Trip Advisor for accurate reviews and pricing information.
- We are working on securing blocks of rooms in southern Flagstaff (near the Lake Mary Road, the best location for the quickest access to Mormon Lake Lodge) for 2014 at the following high-quality hotels:
- If you like funky (very) and hip, in the heart of downtown, try the Monte Vista; some rooms are haunted, no extra charge. Excellent bar, and surrounded by the best restaurants in town.
- Hotel Weatherford (ditto funky, but more historic), also downtown, beautiful historic bar. Mention Overland Expo!
- For a real international experience, the Little America on I-40 is quite an eye-opener. We heard no fewer than 10 different languages spoken in a 20-minute visit, at this sprawling hotel set in the pines. It’s older (1970s) but in good shape, with big, comfortable rooms and all the amenities. It can’t be called friendly (the staff is impersonal though efficient) but it’s always lively and interesting.
- Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins is the place to go to enjoy nature and the beauty of the great outdoors. It is located on 13-acres of beautiful Ponderosa pines, and just a straight shot down Lake Mary Road from Mormon Lake. Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins offers a wide variety of fully-furnished cabins accommodating anywhere from 1 to 16 people. All cabins have wood-burning stoves, porches/decks, BBQ’s and free WiFi. Call early as cabins book up quickly (800) 239-5236. Mention the Overland Expo and get 10% off your cabin rate. Like us on Facebook, then mention it when you make your reservation and we’ll have a fun gift for you when you arrive.
| DON'T DELAY ~ WE WILL SELL OUT OF OVERLAND EXPERIENCE PACKAGES |