We teach and encourage an approach to exploring by vehicle and motorcycle that respects the land, wildlife, and the other cultures you might encounter.
Many of our classes focus on "treading lightly" and how to be an unobtrusive traveler.
Overlanding is about exploring, not conquering obstacles, and we focus on the discovery rather than the "extreme" 4x4 or motorcycle activities that are unfortunately more visible.
Overland Expo provides full recycling services (we truck all recyclables to the nearest municipality where full service recycling is available) and we always leave all areas in better shape than we find them, whether the ranch venue or a trail we drive down.
Our sustainability pledge:
- Our office is built from recycled styrofoam & concrete 10-inch "Rastra" block (R25)
- Our office is 100% powered by the wind & sun
- We practice reduce-reuse-recycle for all office materials
- We are part of the Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power partnership program, purchasing EPA-certified Renewable Energy Certificates for:
- all off-site office & internet services
- all travel
- all sponsored events, including travel and impact of participants
Last updated on September 4, 2012 by Administrator