The buzz and excitement of Overland Expo 2017 EAST
BILTMORE ESTATE — ASHEVILLE, NC, USA — SEPT 29–OCT 1, 2017
Buzz from Other Shows:
170 registered exhibitors, including showcase vehicles and authors
190 classes, seminars, demos, activities, slideshows, and films; totaling 430 session-hours of instruction
85 presenters, instructors, and VIPs
30 staff & 110 volunteers
- 5,500+ attendees from around the world (total # on site)
525 Overland Experience package attendees
- Attendees came from as far away as Australia, Chile, Ecuador, Germany, India, Mexico, Mongolia, the Netherlands, Peru, Thailand, and the UK
- Most U.S. states were represented; in highest attendance was Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas and Tennessee; others came across the country from California and Washington, as well as Canadians from Ontario and Quebec
- Record numbers for the entire show; nearly doubled general attendance.
- Weather in Asheville was fantastic all weekend long.
- Friday night, we celebrated the first Change Your World Fund 'Class of 2017' and hosted a successful fundraiser raffle drawing.
- Also on Friday, the first Overland Expo Chef competition—hosted by Metal-tech 4x4—drew in crowds to see who would be win over the judge's taste buds.
- Motorcycle attendance was in full swing this year as was the popular the Saturday night dinner and prize party hosted by ADVMoto Magazine.
Highlights of Overland Expo 2017 EAST—
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT OVERLAND EXPO 2017 EAST:
"Thanks so much for putting the Overland Expo together. Many of my friends recommended the event to me after I started some amateur camping and off-roading and I recently attended Overland Expo East in Asheville. I grew up in the suburbs and missed out on plenty of outdoor-related things when I was a child. Both of my parents worked and my father wasn't one of those "handyman" or "outdoorsy" types, so I didn't learn as many of the things as I wanted to. Your event helped me feel more self-reliant and gave me plenty of skills that I can pass on to my kids that make them more self-reliant, too. The classes themselves were great. There was plenty of variety and almost all of the instructors were top notch. I learned a ton from the classes about tire patching, left-footed braking, and vehicle recovery. I'm also working towards a Ham radio license after attending a class about radios. All of the folks from 7P were especially good. They taught us plenty and kept us laughing/horrified with their anecdotes from the trail. :)
Thanks again for all of that effort. The event truly changed my life and gave me the confidence I need to go out and learn more!"
~ Major Hayden
from instructors / Presenters
"... a big thank you to you and your team for an awesome Overland Expo East 2017! The weekend was very well organized, incredibly insightful and a great opportunity to meet many different travelers, enthusiasts and personalties of the Overland world. I was lucky enough to attend the Cool Ride party as a competitor on Wednesday and was also an instructor over the weekend. I got a lot of good feedback from my classes (hopefully you did too!) and enjoyed the ones that I was able to sit in on as well. Looking forward to the next expo."
~ Mike Ladden, Drive the Globe
WEBLINKS AND MEDIA FEATURING OVERLAND EXPO
Don't see yours on the list? Email us the link and we'll add it!