The buzz and excitement of Overland Expo 2018 WEST
Fort tuthill — flagstaff, arizona, usa — May 18 - 20, 2018
Buzz from Other Shows:
365 registered exhibitors from all over the world, mostly from the USA, with strong representation from Australia and an increase from Germany.
450+ classes, seminars, demos, activities, slideshows, and films; totaling 570+ session-hours of instruction
150 presenters, instructors, and VIPs
70 staff & 180 volunteers
- 14,500+ from around the world (total # on site)
675 Overland Experience package attendees
- Attendees came from as far away as Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Germany, Great Britain, Indonesia, Japan, Peru, Sweden, and Ukraine.
- Most U.S. states were represented; in highest attendance was California, Arizona, Colorado and Nevada; others came from as far east as Florida, and from as far north as Alaska. All Canadian providences were in attendance.
- Exhibitor registration grew by 30%, our biggest year yet!
The same growth curve was seen in the attendee growth; our premium packages sold out by January and our general tickets for camping sold out by March. Day passes don’t sell out and this year we nearly doubled our numbers.
We are seeing increased growth in ladies attendance and in purchasing adventure vehicles and motorcycles for independent travel.
We launched the Kids Expedition Skills Area, aimed at ages 8-17, and it was a huge success!
Highlights of Overland Expo 2018 WEST
WEBLINKS AND MEDIA FEATURING OVERLAND EXPO
ARTICLES AND ONLINE PUBLICATIONS
- Four Wheeler Network: Top Five Extreme 4x4 Campers
- Four Wheeler Network: Kenda Klever RT First Impressions
- Gear Junkie: Burly Nissan: Armada ‘Mountain Patrol’ Hits Overland Expo
- Gear Junkie: Off-Road Gear Trends for 2018
- Gear Junkie: Outfit Your Rig: New Gear From Overland Expo 2018
- Gear Junkie: Recon Fills Small Camper Void with Custom Nissan
- Gear Junkie: Top Ten Adventuremobiles
- Hagerty: Oddball 4x4s
- New Atlas: Jeep Wrangler becomes the ultimate pop-up adventure camper with new JXL conversion
- New Atlas: TetonX off-road trailers slide out modern convenience at camp
- Off-Road.com: The Coolest New Products We Found
- Off-Road.com: We Take the Long Way with Nissan
- Outside Online: Our Favorite #Vanlife Gear
- Outside Online: The Ten Sweetest Rigs
- PickupTrucks.com: AEV Branches Out With Parts for Chevrolet Colorado
- Trucks.com: 5 Reasons Overland Travel is Hot Right Now
- Trucks.com: Nissan Armada Mountain Patrol Embraces the Overland Lifestyle
- Truck Camper Adventure: EarthCruiser Reveals New Modular Truck Camper
- Truck Camper Adventure: Top 4x4 Extreme Campers
- Truck Camper Adventure: Top 10 Campers
- Wired Focus: New Gear from Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- AEV Forum: AEV Releases Colorado Parts at Overland Expo
- Africa Twin Forum: Overland Expo 2018 in Arizona
- Overland Bound: Night Photos
- Overland Bound: Day One – Favorite Vehicles
- Overland Bound: Day Two – LR FC101 Realness
- Sportsmobile Forum: Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- Upland Journal: The Overland Expo in Flagstaff
BLOGS and EXPEDITION WEBSITES
- The Adventure Portal: Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- American Adventurist: Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- Blue Ridge Built: Journey to Overland Expo WEST 2018
- Expedition Portal: AT Overland Summit Camper
- Exploring Elements: Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- Proffitt's Resurrection Land Cruisers
- Cake.co: Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- Strolling Amok: 2018 Overland Expo, Day 1
- Ural Motorcycles
- Decked Diaries: Image Gallery
- Four Wheeler Network: Day 1 Mega Gallery
- Four Wheeler Network: 15 Ways to Tacoma
- New Atlas: The dust-tarnished adventure and camper vans of Overland Expo West 2018
- New Atlas: All-terrain teardrops, mil-spec boxes and other camping trailers
- Torco: Image Gallery
VIDEOS & VLOGS
- Colorado Adventure Project: Ep 3 Overland Expo or Bust
- Four Wheeler Network: Nissan Introduces Armada Mountain Patrol at Overland Expo WEST
- TFL Truck: Is Hummer H2 Overland Ready?
- TFL Truck: The Nissan Recon Is the Camper Van You Never Thought You Wanted
- Weekend Wranglers: Overland Expo & Sneak Peeks
On Social Media
Don't see yours on the list? Email us the link and we'll add it!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT OVERLAND EXPO 2018 WEST:
"All of the training discussions reinforced that what we do is a sport, and it's something that we need to practice at to improve our skills. I'm transitioning from the enduro/dual-sport world, and I'm enjoying the challenge of learning to ride my Rally-Raid Honda CB500X on the tougher ADV trails . . . thank you again for hosting the training Q&A. I left with a positive attitude towards improving my big bike off-road skills, and helping others improve their skills." ~ David Maynard
from instructors / Presenters
"... wanted to say how much I appreciated all of your help in making my first visit such a great time. The information you provided me in advance was timely and comprehensive. Thank you for the opportunity to present at Expo!" ~ Rhonda Reynolds