ITEMS TO DO NOW:
Send your logo for our website (if you did not upload during registration), ASAP, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't send it or didn't upload it, it WILL NOT be put on the website—we do not carry over from prior years!
2. DEMO APPLICATION - APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSED
Registered exhibitors are welcome to host a demo about your product or technology. It's a great way to show off what you know and why. Product demos are held at your booth and are advertised in the Overland News schedule available at the show or using our online app. Apply to give demos of your products here.
As a standard requirement for all exhibitors, it is necessary to provide proof of general liability coverage from an insurance company in good standing with minimum policy limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate. We need FOUR "certificates of additional insured":
Lodestone Events, LLC (819 E 64th Street Indianapolis, IN . 46220)
Overland Expo (819 E 64th Street Indianapolis, IN . 46220)
ConserVentures, LLC (2509 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719)
Coconino County, its agents, officials, and employees (Address: 219 E. Cherry Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ 86001)
This insurance must be in force during the dates of the event, May 17-19, 2019. You may have your existing insurance company provide Certificates (for Additional Insured) via the exhibitor portal or you may quickly and easily purchase the necessary coverage from our partner, RainInsurance.
4. CAMPING OR HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS
VERY IMPORTANT, THERE ARE RESTRICTIONS! Please be aware that we don’t have room for camping directly behind most booth spaces:
CAMPING IN BOOTH SPACES:
This is the preferred method of exhibitor camping at the venue. You are allowed to camp at your booth, free of charge, as long as you can camp within the perimeter of your booth space. There are very few exhibitor spaces that have room behind them for camping. This will be obvious on the exhibitor booth map, which will be sent to you in due course; we are assigning booth spaces in order of registration and hierarchy.
CAMPING IN EXHIBITOR PARKING AREA:
As always we’ll have an exhibitor overflow parking lot for flatbed trailers and large vehicles that are not going into your booth space. You’ll also be able to park trailers and RVs in this lot and camp there free of charge. Camping in this lot is dry camping with no water or power hookups. This is a 3-4 minute walk to the exhibitor area.
CAMPING IN ATTENDEE CAMPING AREA:
If you can’t camp within your booth space because of space issues and do not want to camp in the exhibitor parking area, your final option is to camp in the attendee camping area, also free of charge. We have size restrictions: No class-A motorhomes, no toy haulers, and no very large trailers. You will need to choose your space on a first-come, first served basis when you arrive. We do not reserve spaces in this camping area. This is a 7-9 minute walk to the exhibitor area.
HOTELS AND RENTALS:
There are no on-site hotels available, but there are many options nearby. Two hotel room block agreements have been finalized for the dates of Overland Expo 2019 WEST and are ready for booking. Please book sooner rather than later as there is a large soccer tournament in town over our dates and a few area hotels are already fully booked.
Both blocks extend from Thursday, May 16 through Saturday, May 18 (meaning check-out is on Sunday, May 19). The cut-off date for our special rate is April 16 for both properties.
DoubleTree by Hilton Flagstaff 1175 W. Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Rate: $149 / night, plus tax, etc. (This rate does NOT include breakfast.)Booking Method: Call the hotel and ask for the "Overland Expo" rate.
Embassy Suites Flagstaff 706 S. Milton RoadFlagstaff, AZ 86001Phone: 928-774-4333
Rate: $199 / night, plus tax, etc. (This rate includes a complimentary daily happy hour and breakfast.)
Booking method: Call hotel or go online and use code OVE. If a guest would like to extend their stay beyond the valid dates of the block, they must e-mail this request to: Keele.Smith@hilton.comCheck out our Accommodations section of our Guide to Flagstaff page for links and information. Do not delay!
*DISCLAIMER*: if you are contacted by Expo Housing Services (http://www.expohousingservices.com), we are in no way associated and we believe it is a scam.
ITEMS TO DO BEFORE THE SHOW:
5. ARIZONA RESALE LICENSE
If you are planning to SELL RETAIL ITEMS (display only exhibitors do not need this!) directly to consumers you MUST acquire an Arizona Transaction Privilege Tax license online (fee as listed on website): https://www.aztaxes.gov/Security/Register. If you have any questions, please see the AZDOR FAQ here: https://azdor.gov/transaction-privilege-tax/special-events-craft-shows-trade-shows/vendors
6. MEDIA KIT
Do you want to be included in our digital Media Kit? (Deadline: March 15, 2019)
Send a one- or two-page PDF (less than 2 MB size; call if you need help with this) press release about your company or your newest products for our media kit. Media will use this to plan their show visits. We get at least two dozen media attendees.
6b. SOURCEBOOK SPECIFICATIONS AND UPLOADS
Please click here for ad specifications for your Overland Sourcebook ad. This document includes sizes, specs, and deadlines. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lVZBgehtdnRJ9DPRFp1AwWRR5XsE1AbN
If you would like the opportunity for free marketing exposure, you can upload print-quality (300 dpi) logo- and text-free images to our site and we’ll consider them in the editorial sections of the Overland Sourcebook, our popular guide to all things overland. (Deadline: April 1) http://www.overlandexpo.com/upload
7. MATERIALS FOR ATTENDEE BAGS
Send printed materials and very small items only (no beer coozies, frisbees, liquid, perishable or large items please), up to 1000 pieces. Do not send extra and ask us to bring them to the show; all extra items will be thrown away. Send by regular shipper only (FEDEX, UPS, DHL TYPE ONLY - no pallets! no way!), to address below.
DEADLINE: April 27, 2019
Send exactly this way ONLY:
<<COMPANY NAME>> ATTENDEE BAGS,
Armour Self Storage
Unit W0006 - OVERLAND EXPO
3025 E Industrial Dr.
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE BOXES, MAKE SURE THEY ARE NUMBERED 1 OF 2, 2 OF 2, ETC.
Note: April 27 is a drop-dead real deadline. No late shipments, they will not be used or brought to the show for you.
Once again we'll have custom messenger bags for our Overland Experience attendee bag and on the front will be a swath of loop velcro. There will be Overland Expo patches on the front. We encourage you to have your own patches made (with the hook part) and give them away at your booth. This drives people around the exhibitor area to collect as many as they can! Keep the patches no bigger than 2" ideally (2.5" max) please! We had good luck with Patches4Less.com. Bring to the show, give out on your own (we don't recommend making these your attendee bag items, they get lost).
If you need to ship things ahead to Flagstaff for your booth (NOT attendee bag materials), we will be renting a space at a storage facility in town. They will take standard shippers only (UPS, DHL, FedEx). No big semis, no heavy shipments, NO PALLETS: there is no dock and no forklift.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PICKING UP THE ITEMS AND TRANSPORTING TO THE SHOW. WE DO NOT DO RETURN SHIPPING. THIS IS STORAGE ONLY, DO NOT ASK THE FACILITY ABOUT THE SHOW OR FOR SPECIAL FAVORS.
MUST DO: Mark the exterior of your package/s clearly with your business name and the package number ID (i.e.: 1 of 3, 2 of 3, etc.) to make it easier to locate.
Ship non-palleted items only by standard shippers (UPS, DHL, FedEx) to:
<<COMPANY NAME>> BOOTH MATERIALS
Armour Self Storage
Unit W0006 - OVERLAND EXPO
3025 E Industrial Dr.
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
ACCESS HOURS: Monday - Sunday: 6:00 am - 7:00 pm. These are the only hours when you can pick up items. Our gate code is 6833976 (OVEEXPO) and the code for the padlock on our unit is 3976 (EXPO). Please lock the unit when you are done!
10. STAKING YOUR BOOTH TENTS
This venue includes a lot of asphalt and some concrete. Please contact your sales rep, Anthony, to find out which surface you are on and to make sure you bring supplies for staking out properly. Large water containers (10 gallons or more) make the best anchors for tents on asphalt and concrete. You must stake out tents: the wind can be gusty in the high country.
11. ATTENDEE LISTS:
You will most likely be contacted via email by a shady company trying to get you to purchase our attendee lists. Please DO NOT purchase these lists! We do not share attendee contact info with third parties and this is definitely a scam.
OVERLAND EXPO PROMOTIONS AND CONTESTS
Stay tuned for announcements about special promotions and contests we will be sharing to bring in even more guests!
We will be reprising our very popular Beer & Gear and Cool Ride Party on Wednesday night before the show in downtown Flagstaff, so plan on coming a day early and enjoying the fun with hundreds of attendees!
We will also continue our tradition of a fundraiser on Friday night for the Change Your World Fund and a special giveaway directed specifically to our motorcycle attendees—please consider donating a prize!
ENSURE YOU DO NOT LEAVE THE EVENT EARLY: We continue to have significant problems with exhibitors leaving the venue before 3 pm on Sunday. We work hard to bring in attendees on Sunday. Exhibitors who leave early damage the show, make our work harder, and harm attendance prospects for future shows. PLEASE NOTE that we will have staff on hand to record any early departures. EARLY DEPARTURES WILL MEAN YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR SPACE FOR FUTURE SHOWS. If you personally are not attending the show, please make sure your staff is aware of this.
PARTIES: You must inform Anthony of any intent to host parties. Because we are on county property, there are strict rules on alcohol, noise, and behavior. Any organized party not registered with us and complying by the rules will be considered illegal and dealt with by the County Sheriff.
YOUR FOOTPRINT: Your booth MUST fit into your purchased space. If you register for a Basic (15 x 15) for example, please don't come with four vehicles and a 20x20 tent and expect us to accommodate that!
NOTES ON CAMPING: You may camp in your booth space for free but you MUST fit into your purchased space footprint (see above).
QUESTIONS. If you have travel questions about accommodations, on-site camping, the venue, and other information, please check our FAQ first: http://www.overlandexpo.com/faq/#west
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is understood that by registering for and purchasing exhibition space at Overland Expo 2019 WEST that the show rules and conditions will be adhered to. Overland Expo is owned and produced by Lodestone Events, LLC. All agreements and contracts are with Lodestone Events, LLC, an Indiana-based company.
1. Payment. All bookings must be paid upon receipt of invoice, by check or credit card. Any cancellations will be charged at the following fees: Dec. 1 – Feb. 1, 2019, less 20%; Feb 2 – March 31, less 60%; March 31 onwards: no refunds. We do not refund for inclement weather.
2. Setup: Exhibitors must set up from 8 am on Thursday, May 16 until 6:00 pm. You must fit within your allocated space, no exceptions. No early or late arrivals. NO SETUP ALLOWED DURING SHOW HOURS.
3. Takedown: Exhibitors must not take down or leave the Expo before 3 pm Sunday; those who do won’t be welcome back.
4. Sharing: The sub-letting of all or part of a booth/space by an Exhibitor is available only to prior exhibitors, only in special circumstances, and approved in advance, and will incur a 40% surcharge.
5. Vending: To sell products directly you must acquire a temporary Arizona resale license (see link above). Food/drink may NOT be sold. Arizona does not allow any gaming such as raffles or any other games of chance except by special permit. Any fundraising is done solely through our own charity program.
6. Weapons: Venue rules state no weapons are allowed.
7. Exhibitor etiquette: Please set up your booth with family attendance strictly in mind—no scantily clad persons (female or male), no music, and if video is used, the volume must be at such a level it may not interfere with other booths. Please abide by the space parameters you have reserved, and no additional people may be invited/included for your exhibit except what is agreed to in advance. We reserve the right to ask that booth displays meet these rules.
8. Security. Although both day and night security will be supplied by Overland Expo. Exhibitors are responsible for the safekeeping of all goods or items in their booths. Overland Expo will not be responsible in any way for the loss or damage to Exhibitors’ property whilst it is on the show grounds. Please see OverlandExpo.com/register, Useful Links for Exhibitors for affordable show insurance.
9. Insurance. Exhibitors are required to have or take out the necessary insurance against fire and all other risks including third-party claims. The Exhibitor must also indemnify Overland Expo against all claims, damages or expense whatsoever in any way arising out of his attendance or his exhibits on the event site. The completed booking form for an exhibitor space shall be deemed as confirmation by the Exhibitor that the necessary insurance cover has been obtained, and the Exhibitor agrees to indemnify Overland Expo and Coconino County, its agents and its employees.
10. Fire safety. NO FIRES ALLOWED except as provided by the venue in designated areas. We WILL report violators to local authorities; punishment ranges from fines to arrest and jail time. All exhibitors must have fire extinguishers.
11. Overland Expo reserves the right to refuse admission or change the site plan at their discretion. Overland Expo also reserves the right to refuse an application for exhibition space or change a site location as necessary.
12. Car parking/driving. All vehicles must be parked in the designated exhibitor parking lots unless they are an integral part of the trade stand. Traffic control: ABSOLUTELY NO driving in and out during public hours. No ATVs are not allowed on site.
13. Exhibit cleaning. Exhibitors are responsible for the cleanliness of their stands and all trash must be removed daily.
14. Electricity. Electricity is not available. Be self-contained. Ultra-quiet generators only, and they must not interfere with neighboring booths.
15. Weather. It happens. This event is an outdoor, overlanding event and so please plan accordingly. No refunds will be made should the event (or any other region in the world) be subject to weather! All awnings/tents must be staked/ weighted for high winds; flying tents can injure or kill people.
16. At all times from entering upon the venue you will ensure that your exhibition, equipment, vehicles and all or any other property is in a condition that is safe for all persons who may reasonably and foreseeably come into contact with or be affected by it and that you and your agents conform to all statutory and local conditions, directions and advices of any kind whatsoever, wheresoever and to whomsoever. All goods or services sold at the show should conform to current trading standards legislation.
17. Drones: due to safety and proximity to the Flagstaff airport, drones are not allowed.
18. Any changes, requests, or discrepancies regarding trade space are to be reported to Overland Expo event staff in writing—no correspondence will be entered into without this prior notice.
19. HAVE FUN! This event is a collaborative venture of the global overlanding community. We appreciate your involvement and will endeavor to make this event the best possible for everyone. Please communicate needs and concerns with us well in advance and we will do our best to make your experience the best it can be.