The all-new Sierra AT4X continues GMC’s efforts to break ground in the premium truck category. The Sierra AT4X is a balanced execution that delivers advanced off-road capability when called upon without compromising the on-road comfort, tech, towing, and payload capability expected from a premium pickup.
The interior also features authentic, dark Vanta ash wood trim, best-in-class 16-way power-adjustable and massaging front seats, a premium microsuede headliner, a 15-inch-diagonal Head-Up Display, power sliding rear window, power sunroof, a 12-speaker Bose® Premium Series audio system with Center Point technology and more.
AT4X’s payload capability is 1,420 pounds9 and its trailering rating is 8,900 pounds.
Elevated design — inside and out
What hasn’t changed with the 2022 Sierra’s exterior are the professional-grade features that underpin its capability, including the available, industry-first six-function MultiPro tailgate, the available CarbonPro carbon fiber composite bed, which provides more short-bed cargo bed volume — 63.9 cubic feet — than any other competitor.
Inside, GMC designers set apart Sierra from the competition with unique, new interiors on SLE, Elevation and SLT trims, as well as unique premium interior designs for AT4, AT4X, Denali and Denali Ultimate trims. There are also new color and stitching designs throughout, with more premium materials throughout the cabin, further elevating the Sierra’s premium look and feel.
Those personalization options allow customers to prioritize their views and even have two areas of information, to display navigation and trailering details simultaneously, for example, with the option to prioritize one over the other. Or, the customer can choose full-screen navigation, or entertainment or other options. It’s all about enabling a more personalized experience that enhances comfort and convenience.
Additionally, the Sierra comes with Google built-in compatibility (standard on all trims except Pro), with three years of service included with AT4 and Denali trims. With it, many of a user’s favorite phone features are available in the vehicle through the infotainment system, including Google Maps, Google Assistant and Google Play. With Google Assistant, drivers can use their voice to get directions, play their favorite podcasts, control vehicle functions and more, allowing drivers to keep their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
Google built-in is compatible with both Apple and Android devices, working with and complementing existing connectivity features such as wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as available Amazon Alexa (standard on SLE trim and above).
Additional Sierra technologies include available multicolor 15-inch-diagonal Head-Up Display, which along with the 13.4-inch-diagonal horizontal touchscreen and 12.3-inch-diagonal digital, instrument cluster, take the total of available digital display space in the new Sierra to more than 40 diagonal inches, each helping provide an engaging, customizable and comprehensive driving experience.
You can learn more about the 2022 GMC Sierra AT4X on the official website: www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra/1500
What to know:
- Standard aluminum 6.2L V8 engine, producing 420 horsepower, 460 foot-pounds of torque
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Unique Multimatic DSSV spool-valve dampers
- Unique springs that, with the Multimatic dampers, increase maximum front and rear suspension travel by 50 mm and 25 mm, respectively, compared with the standard AT4 suspension
- The new, larger 13.4-inch-diagonal color touchscreen is complemented with a new 12.3-inch-diagonal configurable digital instrument cluster and 15-inch-diagonal multicolor Head-Up Display
- Two-speed transfer case, with selectable modes for different off-road conditions, including Terrain Mode, which allows one-pedal rock crawling
- Front and rear e-locking differentials, a combination not offered by any other competitor in its class
- Specific off-road chassis and suspension calibrations
- Unique, larger steel transfer case shield
- 18-inch black wheels with LT265/70R18 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Mud-Terrain tires
- Available rocker guard accessory
- New dual-projector LED headlamps, along with a revised execution of GMC’s signature C-shaped daytime running lamps, giving the Sierra a bolder, wider appearance
- 5,240-pound curb weight
- 8,900-pound trailering weight capacity
- 1,420-pound total payload capacity
- 147.4-inch wheel base
- 232.9-inch overall length
- 81.2-inch width without mirrors; 97.6-inch width with mirrors
- 78.4-inch overall height
- 10.9-inch ground clearance
- 25.5-degree approach angle
- 23.0-degree departure angle
- 22.7-degree breakover angle
- 24-gallon fuel tank