OCTOBER 6-8, 2023
OAK RIDGE ESTATE // ARRINGTON, VIRGINIA
FRI 8-5 | SAT 8-5 | SUN 8-3
ABOUT THE OVERLAND EXPO East
OAK RIDGE ESTATE
ARRINGTON, VA, USA
Oak Ridge Estate is a professional event venue sitting on hundreds of acres of lush Central Virginia countryside in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The popular event venue hosts numerous large events each year including the Lockn’ music festival, a 4-day mega-event blending more than 30,000 attendees with top music acts, local foods, craft spirits and extensive weekend camping packages. Oak Ridge Estates is centrally located in Arrington, VA – halfway between Charlottesville and Lynchburg and close to Washington, DC, Roanoke and Richmond, VA.
Locations & Hours
When: Overland Expo EAST — October 6-8, 2023
Public Hours: Friday 8 am – 5 pm • Saturday 8 am – 5 pm • Sunday 8 am – 3 pm
Location: Oak Ridge Estate, 1265 Oak Ridge Rd, Arrington, VA
Ways to Attend: We offer ticket options from one-day general admission passes to full Weekend Passes with Camping to our premium Overland Experience education packages. For more details and to purchase tickets (usually available 3-4 months prior to event) see Ways to Attend. All tickets must be purchased online, in advance.
AT THE VENUE
- From the North (Charlottesville): travel 35 miles south on 29S. Look for festival signs after passing the small town of Lovingston.
- From the South (Lynchburg): travel 22 miles north on 29N. Look for festival signs.
All parking will be on-site at Infinity Downs. Parking fee $10 a vehicle per day. Pay at the gate when you arrive.
There will be parking for limited mobility / handicapped. We will have carts for assisting low-mobility attendees with accessing sites.
- NO ATVs, quads, or side-by-sides allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Bring mountain bikes as an alternate way of getting around.
- And, of course, walking! The grounds are easily accessible by foot.
- We will have carts for assisting low-mobility attendees with accessing sites.
- There will be a good selection of food and coffee trucks onsite. Bring cash for the food trucks and bar.
- Bar hours vary—see newspaper (receive at check-in) for hours.
- Drinking= NO Driving. Zero-tolerance is in effect—you will not be allowed to participate in any driving / riding / recovery courses.
- Supplies such as groceries, ice, gas, banks, etc are located off-site.
- For a list of area restaurants, visit HERE
Overland Expo is an outdoor event—be prepared for any and all weather!
Average temperature high/low: 70F / 45F
Elevation: 709 feet
Approx. sunrise/sunset: 7:20 am / 6:45 pm
Recommendations: Bring layers—everything from sun protection to rain jackets; we can’t predict the weather and the show goes on rain or shine.
The venue is equipped with fiber-optic internet coverage.
No. Drones are not allowed.
- Overland Experience packages include basic camping on-site (no hook-ups) for smaller overland vehicles and motorcycles only (no vehicles over 35 feet, no large trailers, see vehicle restrictions). Individual reservations are not needed as all camp spots are in an open field.
- Weekend Pass with Camping will also have access to the basic on-site campground (no hook-ups; see vehicle restrictions).
- Day Pass attendees (those visiting for only one day, even if purchasing all three days) will NOT be eligible for camping.
- All camping spots in the included camping areas are festival-style.
- For those with limited mobility: we will have an area set aside in the campground close to the main road and close to ADA toilets.
- ACCESS: There is a designated area for camping, sites are assigned as you arrive. Camp hosts will be on hand to help you. Please camp only where camp hosts / marshalls indicate.
- DRY CAMPING: There are NO hookups for electricity or water at this venue
- TERRAIN: Camping is in an open, grassy field. Bring good leveling blocks, don’t dig.
- WATER: There is a potable water sources for filling up, however, we recommend you prepare like you would for an overlanding trip: be self-sufficient and bring your own water containers / food / cooking gear, etc. There will be bottled water for sale at the food court.
- TOILETS: There will be porta-toilets, but no flush toilets. Please use toilets, not the surrounding areas. If you need to dump your grey or black water, there are dump stations at nearby RV parks.
- SHOWERS: Geyser showers will be available in the Weekend Pass with Camping area. There will be a shower trailer in the Overland Experience campground. You are also welcome to bring your own shower / water heating system.
- LAUNDRY: There are no laundry facilities on-site
- TRASH & RECYCLING: There will be bins on site, but please try to minimize your trash accumulation; pack it in, pack it out.
- GLASS CONTAINERS: (includes glass bottles, glass food jars, and anything made of glass) are not permitted at Infinity Downs, please bring alternatives.
- FIRES: No personal campfires (no wood burning or digging pits) due to venue rules. This includes charcoal grills; propane is allowed.
- GENERATORS: Quiet generators are allowed, but must be turned off by 10 pm. Use during the day to top off batteries.
- NOISE LEVEL: Please be courteous of other campers—no music, parties or other loud noises. Quiet time: 10 pm – 6 am
- SECURITY: Campground hosts will be on-site 24 hours and roving security each night. Be cautious and lock your vehicles and keep valuables inside.
- FIREARMS: Venue rules state no firearms
- Friends Who Want To Camp Together, Must Arrive Together: There will be no reserving space for friends within the camping area. If you plan to camp with others, we will have a dedicated area on-site where you can wait to enter the camping area until their arrival.
For Overland Experience registrants that are camping on-site and Weekend Pass with Camping ticket holders, plan to arrive during staffed hours of operations and allow extra time for parking and/or camp set-up.
- Thurs: 8am – 6pm
- Fri: 8am – 6pm
- Sat: 8am – 5pm
- Sun: 8am – 12pm
NEARBY ACCOMMODATIONS & CAMPING
There are no on-site hotels available, but there are many options nearby, at all price levels. Check out our Accommodations section of our Guide to the Arrington Region page for links and information.
*Disclaimer: if you are contacted by Expo Housing Services (http:// www.expohousingservices.com), we are in no way associated and it is a scam.
There are many campgrounds in the nearby George Washington and Jefferson National Forests. Sites are well-spaced and shaded with tables, grills, water, and toilets. For more information, see the Forest Service page about campgrounds.
For those who prefer more solitude, dispersed camping is also allowed in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forest. For a detailed guide to regulations and suggested sites, see: Dispersed camping.
TRIP AND VEHICLE PLANNING
- Charlottesville Albemarle Airport (CHO): 45 miles from Infinity Downs
- Lynchburg Regional Airport (LYH): 37 miles from Infinity Downs
- Roanoke-Blacksburg Airport (ROA): 88 miles from Infinity Downs
- Richmond International Airport (RIC): 116 miles from Infinity Downs
No, Overland Expo does not provide or rent vehicles for classes. On any sponsored driving course, the test vehicles provided are for the session only, not for the whole weekend. You need to bring your own vehicle to participate in the exercises.
No, Overland Expo does not provide or rent motorcycles for classes. Demo bikes are only available for brief, chaperoned rides—they are not available for use in classes. You must bring your own registered, road-legal motorcycle and gear if you want to participate in motorcycle classes.
Although motorcycle rentals are not available locally in Arrington, you can fly to the surrounding areas and enjoy a ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains on your way to Overland Expo.
You will have the driver drop you off / pick you up at the entrance for the event, location TBD.
There may be groups organizing overlanding trips to the show, both for a fee or for free. Check out our overlanding resources and routes on the Guide to the East page
If you have a personal vehicle for sale, you are welcome to display a “for sale” sign at your vehicle, in the camping area.
If you are an overland vehicle builder / customizer selling for profit, contact us about displaying your vehicle.
THE WORLD IS OUT THERE GO SEE IT!
Join attendees from all over the world at this year’s Overland Expo East in Arrington, VA.