DATES TO NOTE
PLEASE NOTE: THESE DATES WILL BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
ITEMS TO DO NOW:
Registered exhibitors are welcome to host a demo about your product or technology. It’s a great way to show off what you know and why. Product demos are held at your booth and are advertised in the Overland News schedule available at the show or using our online app. Apply to give demos of your products below.
Apply to give product demos – Demo Application Here
Deadline: August 18, 2023
General liability insurance coverage is always required of each Overland Expo exhibitor, however, we know that securing these certificates of insurance (COI) can be a time-consuming after-thought and hassle. After much research and many requests from exhibitors for a better solution, we’ve secured a service with our preferred insurance provider to include an exhibitor COI with the purchase of any Overland Expo booth space or sponsorship moving forward. This convenience to the exhibitor will ensure that all exhibitor COIs meet insurance requirements and will eliminate the hassle to the exhibitor of securing a COI from
an outside provider. This also ensures that no additional certificates of insurance will be required to purchase by the exhibitor.
Once an exhibitor places a booth space order, we will secure the COI on the company’s behalf and will share that certificate with you for your files. You will receive an email (sent to the email used to register for booth space) from Rainprotection Insurance Co. with a copy of the COI for your records.
VERY IMPORTANT, THERE ARE RESTRICTIONS! Please be aware that we don’t have room for camping directly behind most booth spaces:
● CAMPING IN BOOTH SPACES: This is the preferred method of exhibitor camping at the venue. You are allowed to camp at your booth, free of charge, as long as you can camp within the perimeter of your booth space.
● CAMPING IN EXHIBITOR PARKING AREA: As always we’ll have an exhibitor overflow parking lot for flatbed trailers and large vehicles that are not going into your booth space. You’ll also be able to park trailers and RVs in this lot and camp there. Camping in this lot is dry camping with no water or power hookups. Camping in this area is $75 for the entire weekend. To be eligible, your vehicle MUST be no longer than 13′ and overland-centric. If you do not qualify, we will have a designated lot on the backside of the venue.
● CAMPING IN ATTENDEE CAMPING AREA: Another option is to camp in the attendee camping area. Sites are assigned as you arrive. Camp hosts will be on hand to help you. We do not reserve spaces in this camping area. Exhibitors wanting to camp in the attendee camping area will need to purchase an Exhibitor camping pass for $75 per camp space.
● HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS
TRU BY HILTON – 650 Simons Run, Lynchburg, VA 24502
DISCLAIMER: if you are contacted by Expo Housing Services (http://www.expohousingservices.com), we are in no way associated and we believe it is a scam.
BEFORE THE SHOW
If you are planning to SELL RETAIL ITEMS directly to consumers, it is your responsibility to register and send all reporting information to the state of VA and Nelson County. Companies selling directly to consumers are required to obtain both licenses.
VIRGINIA RESALE LICENSE
Please visit the Virginia Retail and Use Tax web page at this link https://www.tax.virginia.gov/retail-sales-and-use-tax and follow through with any requirements to register with the state of Virginia, and if necessary collect and report the appropriate Sales Tax.
NELSON COUNTY BUSINESS LICENSE
Apply before the event by calling (434)263-7070 or emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or completing THIS application and sending it along with payment to the address listed on the form.
If application is made prior to the event, proof of application/license will be required at Show Check-IN. (Proof of Business license may include : email of acceptance from Nelson County, Copy of Nelson County Business License, or copy of application)
Nelson County Business License Applications will also be accepted on site at the event. Apply at Exhibitor Check-In for $30.
MANUFACTURER OR DEALER? YOU MAY NEED AN Temporary Supplemental License FROM THE VIRGINIA MOTOR VEHICLE DEALER BOARD
If you are a Motor Vehicle, Motorcycle, Electric Bike Manufacturer or Overland Trailer Manufacturer not licensed by the Virginia Motor Vehicle Dealer Board, you will need to agree that you are not licensed to actively sell product in the state. You will also need to agree that products displayed in your booth are for advertising features and benefits only and cannot contain pricing. Selling onsite could result in a fine from the Virginia Motor Vehicle Dealer Board which you (the Motor Vehicle, Motorcycle, Electric Bike Manufacturer or Overland Trailer Manufacturer exhibiting at the event) will be responsible for paying.
If you are a registered Motor Vehicle, Motorcycle, Electric Bike Dealer or Overland Trailer Dealer in the State of Virginia or a Licensed Manufacturer planning to use a Virginia Licensed Dealer, you agree to obtain an Temporary Supplemental License from the Virginia Motor Vehicle Dealer Board, Form MVDB 22 A, found at www.dmv.virginia.gov (Event Specific) Please reach out to the state of Virginia for any further questions.
Do you want to be included in our digital Media Kit? Please provide us with your information by completing this form.
This release may promote your company’s activities at Overland Expo® or your newest products for our media kit.
Deadline: September 30, 2023
ATTENDEE SWAG BAG MATERIALS
Would you like to add a logo or branded swag/giveaway item to the Attendee Bag? If so, please send your item, up to 1000 pieces, to the address below.
The ideal giveaway would be a small item or “trinket” with your logo/branding. We encourage this type of premium small swag item with logo/branding, and strongly discourage paper flyers/postcards for the attendee bag. If a paper item is chosen, we do ask that it is promoting a discount at the event itself or an invite to pick up the giveaway item at your booth, and please produce it out of a thicker card stock instead of regular thin paper. (Please no liquid, anything perishable, or large items like frisbees, etc).
Deadline: September 29, 2023
SHIPPING ADDRESS FOR ATTENDEE SWAG BAG ITEMS
To insure your items are added to the sway bag, please insure delivery no later than September 29, 2023 to the address below:
c/o Nelson Storage LLC
Attn: Overland Expo / Insert Exhibitor Name and “SWAG BAG”
2731 Arrington Road
Arrington, VA 22922
Once again we’ll have custom bags for our Overland Experience attendee bag. There will be Overland Expo® patches on the front. We encourage you to have your own patches made (with the hook part) and give them away at your booth. This drives people around the exhibitor area to collect as many as they can! This is a great way to get your logo out to the community and to be a very interactive and important part of this event. Keep the patches no bigger than 2″ ideally (2.5″ max) please! We had good luck with Patches4Less.com. Bring to the show, give out on your own (we don’t recommend making these your attendee bag items, they get lost).
TRADEMARK, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & UNAUTHORIZED USE:
Emerald X LLC maintains a strict policy on intellectual property rights and will take action on any intellectual property infringement. The term “Intellectual property” or “IP” is used to describe various types of intangible property, patents, registered trademarks & service marks, and registered copyrights. Use of any Lodestone intellectual property or creating, selling, or promotion of any likeness of Emerald’s intellectual property will carry severe consequences, which may include rejecting an exhibitor’s application to participate at Emerald X sponsored shows, closing an exhibitor’s booth, banning an exhibitor from future
Emerald-sponsored shows. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to ensure they are not in violation of this contract term. Examples of violations would include merchandise, apparel, patches, products and services provided, sold or promoted at any Emerald X LLC that carry the trademark of Overland Expo® or Outside Adventure Expo®; resemble the likeness or references to these events including but not limited to event location coordinates, Expo East, Expo West, Expo Mtn West, Expo PNW, Adventure Expo; resemble the likeness of Overland Expo’s signature compass or any Emerlad’s event logo; or resemble the services or format of Overland Expo® or Outside Adventure Expo®.
Show specials are listed on the Overland Expo® website. Submit your show specials by completing this form.
Deadline: September 15, 2023
Log-in to our Event Management portal to order more badges. Each employee needs their own badge.
To determine the number of badges that come with your booth and if you have added additional badges to your order, please go to your account, log in and the information is in the details of your order.
Additional Badges may be acquired and purchased at the Show Office during Check-In and during the event. Each Exhibitor Badge is $75 and covers all 3 days of the event.
Deadline: September 1, 2023
Overland Expo is hosting a charity raffle on Saturday night to benefit the Overland Expo Foundation. (Visit overlandexpo.com/foundation for more details.)
All prizes will be raffled and awarded to attendees at the Overland Expo event:
Overland Expo East 2023
Saturday, October 7th, 7 pm @ Oak Ridge Estate
We will begin promoting the prizes and about the donating companies in September as well as on-site with signage and social chatter!
To be included in the promotions, let us know what you’d like to contribute: please fill out This form for the Friday Moto Raffle
And This form for the Saturday Raffle
Tell your fans and followers to come see you at the show!
- To receive Marketing and Media Assets for Overland Expo East please email Nick@OverlandExpo.com
- Tag @overlandexpo and #overlandexpo on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Add the Official Overland Expo East 2023 Facebook event to your FB page. Once in the event, click the 3 dots next to the “share” button, and click “add to page.”
PLANNING FOR YOUR BOOTH
Shipping – Booth Materials/Supplies/Product
Exhibitors are entirely responsible for all of their inbound/outbound freight including but not limited to:
● Preparing items for shipment, sourcing pallets, wrapping, attaching a BOL.
● Arrangement of all inbound/outbound shipping services with a shipping provider (including the Monday post event). ALL Exhibitor Shipments
MUST BE picked up post-event by 5pm on Monday, October 9th. All packages left to be picked up after that are subject to a $500 per day fee.
We request that no items (other than Attendee Swag Bag Items) be shipped to the event prior to the Monday of Event week. Should there be no other options besides shipping to the events prior to the event week, storage and handling fees will be assessed and listed below.
Deliveries must arrive within the date ranges outlined below.
EVENT WEEK: (Shipment delivery of Monday 10/2 to Thursday 10/5 of Event Week) – $200 Handling Fee
Oak Ridge Estate
Attn: Overland Expo & Insert Exhibitor Name and BOOTH # HERE
1265-1187 Oak Ridge Road
Arrington, VA 22922
GPS Coordinates: 37.712942, -78.887844
Before and up to week before the Event :
● Only use this option if you are unable to arrange delivery the week of the event.
● PALLETS AND CRATES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT STORAGE FACILITY. THEY MUST BE SENT TO THE VENUE STARTING MONDAY, OCT 2ND.
● Up to 30 Days Prior to Event Week – No shipments will be accepted beyond 30 days out.
● Once exhibitor has checked in at the show office and paid for their pallets , all packages will be delivered to the exhibitor’s booth space on Thursday of event week between the hours of 9am to 3pm.
● Add both “Overland Expo” and Exhibitor’s Name in the shipment address “Attn To” line to ensure an accurate delivery.
● Please see fee schedule below.
c/o Nelson Storage LLC
Attn: Overland Expo/ Insert Exhibitor Name and BOOTH # HERE
2731 Arrington Road
Arrington, VA 22922
Pre-Event Shipping & Handling fees
● Loose Packages 0-50lbs – $25 per package handling fee
● Loose Packages 0-100lbs – $50 per package handling fee
● Loose Packages 100lbs + – $100 per package handling fee
● PALLETS AND CRATES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT STORAGE FACILITY. THEY MUST BE SENT TO THE VENUE STARTING MONDAY, OCT 2ND.
**Post event on Sunday/Monday, we will relocate your pre-prepared shipment to the designated pick up location. All outbound shipments must be prepared for shipment (including wrapping & BOL) and organized by exhibitor with a shipping provider. Please complete and turn in your Outbound shipping confirmation to the show office by noon on Sunday, Oct 8th.
For any shipment/pallet/crate left on grounds at venue after the Monday Immediately following event, there will be a $500 per day storage fee imposed.
All tents must be secured. Winds can be gusty.
Each venue includes asphalt, concrete, gravel and grass surfaces. Please contact your sales rep to find out which surface you are on and to make sure you bring supplies for staking out properly. Staking is not always an option. Large water containers make the best anchors for tents on asphalt and concrete.
Your booth display MUST fit into your purchased space. Depending upon what space you have registered for, ALL of your display, items, vehicles, trailer (if applicable) must fit within those dimensions.
You may camp in your booth space for free but you MUST fit into your purchased space footprint (see above).
MUSIC: Very low volume music is okay but do not disturb your neighboring exhibitor/s.
DISPLAY: Your display must be a family-friendly exhibit. Absolutely no profanity, no sexual content (including innuendo), and no scantily clad “spokespersons” either in person or in pictures allowed — we are serious about this.
NOISE: Quiet hours start at 10 pm and are strictly enforced.
GENERATORS: are allowed as long as they are quiet. If your generator is loud, you will be asked to turn it off during show hours. If you are camping in your booth, your generator must be turned off by 10 p.m. If you are carrying extra fuel in your booth for the generator, you are also required to have a fire extinguisher.
HAPPY HOURS THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY 5 – 7 PM: at the Oasis Bar & Food Court tent; show your badge and you receive a complimentary drink at the bar.
Any food sampling MUST BE arranged thru event management.
All samplings must be reviewed and approved by event management.
Any company sampling must also obtain a VA Temporary Food Establishment Permit by filling out the this form and submitting it by 10 days prior to the event.
Sample size will be 2oz.
You must inform Show Management of any intent to host a gathering that includes the distribution of alcohol on venue premises and obtain a permit. Any serving of alcohol MUST be organized and managed thru the event venue. Due to liquor licenses and rules set by the Alcohol and Beverage Commission in each state, there are strict rules on distribution of alcohol. Any organized party not registered with Show Management and not complying by the rules will be considered illegal and dealt with by the County Sheriff and will be shut down immediately. There is no distribution of alcohol allowed on venue premise via any other channel other than the event venue’s alcohol provider.
Exhibitor Load-in for ALL Exhibitors:
Wednesday October 4, 2023 Noon to 6pm: No early arrivals will be allowed in until NOON.
Thursday, October 5, 2023 – 8am to 6pm
Please note, moving in or set up will not be allowed on Friday before gates open. ALL exhibitors must be moved in and set up by Thursday 6:00 p.m.
Friday – 8am-5pm
Saturday – 8am-5pm
Sunday – 8am-3pm
Exhibitors are to be in their booths and ready to go before Event opens. We suggest you arrive no later than 30 mins before Event opening.
● Display vehicles are vehicles that are part of a booth display, that fit into the booth dimensions and have been designated with a “Display” hang tag.
● If the vehicle does not go into your display space, it does not come into the show area. All other exhibitor vehicles must be parked in the designated exhibitor parking lot.
● Display Vehicles will be allowed to enter the show area for booth space placement from 6 a.m. – 7 a.m. on event days. No other vehicles are permitted to enter the show gate / area on event days.
● No vehicles will be permitted to enter the show area after 7 a.m. on any event day. No exceptions. Any display vehicles arriving after 7 a.m. on an
event day will only be permitted to park in the designated exhibitor parking lot.
● Display vehicles are not permitted to leave the show area until an hour AFTER the event has closed to the public.
● It is highly encouraged to leave any display vehicle in your booth all weekend (instead of driving this vehicle back and forth into town/hotel) in order to avoid any issues with getting your display vehicle back in your booth space.
EmeraldX, LLC maintains a strict policy on intellectual property rights and will take action on any intellectual property infringement. The term “Intellectual property” or “IP” is used to describe various types of intangible property, patents, registered trademarks & service marks, and registered copyrights. Use of any EmeraldX, LLC intellectual property or creating, selling, or promotion of any likeness of EmeraldX, LLC intellectual property will carry severe consequences, which may include rejecting an exhibitor’s application to participate at EmeraldX, LLC sponsored shows, closing an exhibitor’s booth, banning an exhibitor from future EmeraldX, LLC -sponsored shows. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to ensure they are not in violation of this contract term. Examples of violations would include merchandise, apparel, products and services provided, sold or promoted at any EmeraldX, LLC Events that carry the trademark of Overland Expo®; resemble the likeness or references to these events including but not limited to event location coordinates, Expo East, Expo West, Expo Mtn West; resemble the likeness of Overland Expo’s signature compass or any EmeraldX, LLC event logo; or resemble the services or format of Overland Expo®.
We continue to have significant problems with exhibitors leaving the venue before 3 pm on Sunday. We work hard to bring in attendees on Sunday. Exhibitors who leave early damage the show, make our work harder, and harm attendance prospects for future shows.
PLEASE NOTE that we will have staff on hand to record any early departures.
EARLY DEPARTURES WILL MEAN YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR SPACE FOR FUTURE SHOWS. If you personally are not attending the show, please make sure your staff is aware of this.
When you pick up credentials, you will receive two (2) complimentary parking passes for vehicles that ARE NOT going into your display booth. Vehicles remaining static in the display booth for the weekend will receive a Display Vehicle pass.
This will allow two vehicles to enter the venue and park in the exhibitor lots. If you have more than two vehicles we will be charging $20 to be able to park onsite (in the exhibitor lots ONLY) for the weekend.
You may be contacted via email by a company trying to get you to purchase our attendee lists. Please DO NOT purchase these lists! We do not share attendee contact info with third parties and this is definitely a scam.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS, RULES AND REGULATIONS, AND SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS OVERLAND EXPO® EAST 2023
1. Defined Terms: “Agreement” means, collectively, (i) the Exhibit Space Contract for the Event and any ancillary documents associated therewith, including any Exhibitor Service Manual and notice of booth space assignment provided by Emerald to Exhibitor, and (ii) these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict among the terms of such documents, the terms of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail. “Event” means Overland Expo East 2023. “Emerald” means Emerald X, LLC, the owner and organizer of the Event. “Exhibitor” or “you” means the company, organization, entity, or individual entering into this Agreement, as identified on the Exhibit Space Contract, and “your” and “yours” shall have correlative meanings. “Intellectual Property” means any and all rights in any trademark, tradename, logo, design, domain name, original work of authorship and related copyrights, database rights, designs, all proprietary rights, and all other intangible property in which any person holds any proprietary right, title, interest, or protection, however arising, under the trademark, copyright, patent and/or similar laws of any jurisdiction. “Venue” means the exhibition areas, parking lots, air space and grounds of Oak Ridge Estate, Arrington, VA, on which the Event is conducted.
2. Agreement Acceptance, Eligibility, and Payment: This Agreement becomes binding and effective when manually signed (if submitted in paper form) or submitted electronically by Exhibitor after checking the “Agree” box on the electronic application form, and accepted by Emerald in writing by issuing a booth space assignment confirmation or otherwise confirming in writing Exhibitor’s booth reservation. Emerald may refuse acceptance of any Event application in its sole discretion. Eligibility to exhibit at the Event is generally limited to individuals or entities that supply products and/or services relevant to the Event. Applicants may be required to submit a description of the nature of their business and the items to be exhibited.
3. Payment: Payment in full must be received by Emerald in order to receive a booth space assignment. Booth space is not guaranteed if full payment is not received when due. For applications submitted electronically, payment will be automatically charged and applied according to the payment schedule stated therein. Payment for all other applications must be made in accordance with the Exhibit Space Contract. Emerald has the right to charge Exhibitor a late fee of up to 1.5% per month, or the maximum amount allowable by applicable law, on all outstanding amounts owed by Exhibitor to Emerald. Emerald reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to apply any or all payments received for the Event to any or all outstanding invoices owed to Emerald, including amounts due for ad insertions, sponsorships, booth space, or any other product or services offered by Emerald for which Exhibitor has a balance due. All fees paid by Exhibitor to Emerald are non-refundable except as specifically set forth herein. Exhibitor’s payment obligations shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
4. Assignment of Space; Exhibit Space Occupancy, Use and Departure: Exhibit space for the Event shall be assigned by Emerald in its sole discretion. Emerald reserves the right to change any aspect of the floor plan (including, but not limited to, size, shape and orientation) or to move Exhibitor to another similar size booth location prior to or during the Event for any legitimate reason, in Emerald’s reasonable discretion. Exhibitor may not assign, sublet, share or license all or any portion of its exhibit space with any third party, except with the prior written consent of Emerald and only if such third party expressly agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
Move-in/Setup: Wed. Oct. 4th, 2023 Noon to 6pm & Thur. Oct. 5th, 2023 8am to 6pm
Exhibition Days: Fri. Oct. 6th, 2023 8am-5pm, Sat. Oct. 7th, 2023 8am-5pm, Sun. Oct. 8th, 2023 8am-3pm
Teardown/Move-out: Sun. Oct. 8th, 2023, 3:30pm -9pm, Mon. Oct. 9th, 2023 8am-12noon
If Exhibitor does not begin installing its display in its assigned space at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the Event opening or leaves its space unattended at any time during published Event hours, Emerald shall have the right to take possession of the space with no refund to Exhibitor. All exhibits must be open for business at all times during the Event. If Exhibitor, through circumstances beyond its reasonable control, is delayed in arrival or set-up, it must notify the appropriate Emerald contact immediately.
Additionally, (a) all labor performed by contractors must be complete by two (2) hours prior to published “Event Open Times” and no attendees may visit the exhibit prior to the opening of the Event; (b) Exhibitor must vacate its exhibit by [time] local time on [date]; (c) no one under 18 years of age (or as required by the applicable Facility) shall be admitted on the show floor during move-in/out days of the Event; and (d) no breakdown, dismantling of exhibit, or sale and subsequent removal of exhibit merchandise is permitted before the Event officially ends. If Exhibitor violates subsection (d) hereof, it will be assessed an early breakdown fee of $500 and may be denied booth space access at future events. Exhibitors leaving excessive materials in their space at the end of the published move-out time will be invoiced for labor costs to remove such materials and for any disposal charges.
5. Termination by Emerald: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Emerald may terminate this Agreement at any time, including during the Event (which will result in eviction of Exhibitor from the Event), if: (i) Exhibitor fails to perform or comply with any material term or condition of this Agreement or if any representation or warranty made by Exhibitor is untrue or breached; (ii) Emerald, in its sole discretion, determines that any product or promotional material or any element of Exhibitor’s display or activation (collectively, “Display Materials”) is inappropriate, offensive, may subject Emerald or any other Exhibitor to ridicule or scorn, presents a risk of injury or damage to any person or property at the Event, or violates or infringes any Intellectual Property rights or right of privacy or publicity of a third party; (iii) Exhibitor or any of its employees or agents at the Event disrupts the Event or detracts from the general character of the Event or interferes in any way with another exhibitor or attendee; or (iv) Exhibitor becomes insolvent, makes any assignment for the benefit of creditors, enters liquidation or has a receiver or trustee appointed for the benefit of creditors, whether voluntary or otherwise, or seeks the protection of, or has a proceeding instituted against it under the bankruptcy code or any similar statute.
6. Termination; Reduction of Space by Exhibitor: Exhibitor may terminate this Agreement at any time by giving written notice thereof to Emerald, which termination is effective upon Emerald’s acknowledgment of receipt of such written notice. Exhibitor will be charged a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the booking fee for cancellation or termination 60 days or more prior to the start of the Event. NO REFUNDS will be processed or honored for cancellation by Exhibitor less than 60 days prior to start of the Event. If Exhibitor requests to reduce the size of its booth space after entering into this Agreement, Emerald may reject or grant such request, and/or reduce Exhibitor’s fee obligation, in its sole discretion. Additionally, depending on remaining available space to be allocated for the Event, Emerald may require Exhibitor to change booth space location, orientation or configuration and to pay an additional fee (in addition to what is owed under the Agreement) for such alternate booth space and/or for costs associated with the move.
7. Cancellation of Event: If Emerald cancels the Event due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including acts of God, natural disasters, fire, epidemic, acts of war and terrorism, government action, labor strike or unavailability of Venue (collectively, a “Force Majeure Event”), Emerald shall refund to Exhibitor the fees paid hereunder, less Exhibitor’s pro rata share of all costs and expenses incurred and committed by Emerald, in full satisfaction of all liabilities of Emerald to Exhibitor. Under all circumstances, Emerald reserves the right to postpone, rename or relocate the Event or change the Event dates. If Emerald changes the name of the Event, relocates the Event to another venue within the same geographic area, or changes the Event dates to dates that are not more than 30 days earlier or 30 days later than the originally scheduled dates, no refund will be due to Exhibitor, and Emerald shall assign to Exhibitor, in lieu of the original space, such other space as Emerald reasonably deems appropriate, and Exhibitor agrees to accept such space under the terms of this Agreement. If Emerald elects to cancel the Event other than as a result of a Force Majeure Event, Emerald shall refund to each Exhibitor its entire exhibit space rental payment previously paid, in full satisfaction of all liabilities of Emerald to Exhibitor. Exhibitor agrees that, except as expressly provided in this paragraph, it shall and hereby does waive any and all claims for damages or compensation resulting from or relating to the cancellation, renaming, relocation or rescheduling of the Event.
8. Assumption of Risks; Release: Exhibitor expressly assumes all risks associated with, resulting from or arising in connection with Exhibitor’s participation in or presence at the Event, including, without limitation, all risks of theft, loss, harm, damage or injury to or of any person (including death), property, business or profits of Exhibitor. Exhibitor has sole responsibility for its property and any theft, damage or other loss of or to such property (whether or not stored in any courtesy storage area), including any subrogation claims by its insurer. Exhibitor shall insure its property against damage, loss and theft and agrees to not make any claims against Emerald for any loss unless due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Emerald. Neither Emerald nor Venue accepts any responsibility, nor is a bailment created, for property delivered by or to Exhibitor. Neither Emerald nor its respective affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, employees and assigns, shall be liable for, and Exhibitor hereby releases all of them from, and covenants not to sue any of them with respect to, any and all risks, losses, damages and liabilities, whether described in this Agreement or not, unless due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Emerald. Exhibitor understands and agrees that the Event stages “Rain or Shine” and
Exhibitor receives no allowance of any sort due to weather conditions. Emerald makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality or character of the Event, including but not limited to the condition of the Venue, noise levels or other inconveniences or disruptions in or around the Venue; the number, nature or quality of persons or organizations who will exhibit at or attend the Event; or any other matter, except as explicitly set forth herein. Exhibitor hereby accepts the Facility and the contracted exhibit space AS IS, with all faults, and without any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This section shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
Without limiting the foregoing, Exhibitor acknowledges and expressly assumes, on Exhibitor’s own behalf and on behalf of its employees, contractors, and other personnel, any and all risks of contracting and/or exposure to communicable disease as a result of participation in and/or travel to or attendance at the Event, including without limitation, the COVID-19 virus. Further, Exhibitor acknowledges and agrees to abide by any and all measures implemented by or on behalf of Emerald; the Venue; and/or federal, state and/or local health or governmental authorities or officials, which may include, without limitation, mask requirements, contact tracing, limited audience levels and/or managed traffic patterns for social distancing.
9. Indemnification: Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend (with legal counsel selected by Emerald) and hold harmless Emerald and Venue, and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, employees and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, and suits, and all liabilities, damages, losses, costs, fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and collection costs) and expenses resulting therefrom, which result from or arise out of or in connection with: (a) the activities of Exhibitor, its agents, employees, contractors, guests, and/or invitees at or in connection with the Event, including, without limitation property damage, personal injury and/or death; (b) Exhibitor’s breach of any agreement, covenant, promise or other obligation herein or in any other contract, arrangement or agreement related to the Event; (c) Exhibitor’s violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation (including without limitation alcohol beverage regulation); (d) any products, services, or other items displayed, sold or distributed by Exhibitor at or in connection with the Event; (e) any claim that any product or Display Materials violates or infringes any Intellectual Property right, or any right to privacy or right of publicity, of any person or entity; (f) any libel, slander, defamation or similar claims arising out of or relating to Exhibitor’s actions or promotional materials; and/or (g) any act or omission by or on behalf of
Exhibitor or any of its personnel that results in damage, harm or injury (including death) to any person or property at the Event. This section shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
10. General Liability Insurance: General liability insurance is included with the purchase of booth space. After payment in full for booth space is received from Exhibitor, Emerald will secure coverage from a preferred provider. Exhibitor will receive an email at the address provided on Exhibitor’s registration form) from the insurance provider with a copy of Exhibitor’s COI for the Event. Under no circumstances will the foregoing operate to create any liability on the part of Emerald or the venue for damage, destruction or loss of any or all of Exhibitor’s property for any reason, including without limitation, theft, fire, accident, and severe weather. Exhibitor waives any and all claims against Emerald and the Venue for property damage, damage, destruction, and/or loss and is solely responsible for insuring against all such risks.
11. Limitation of Liability: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL EMERALD, VENUE OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INCIDENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL EMERALD’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO EXHIBITOR, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE FEES ACTUALLY PAID TO EMERALD BY EXHIBITOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT. This section shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
12. Compliance with Laws; Taxes and Licenses: Exhibitor shall abide by and comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, ordinances, rules and regulations, including without limitation, alcohol beverage regulations, and all rules and regulations of the Venue (including any applicable union labor work rules). Without limiting the foregoing, Exhibitor shall ensure that its exhibit space complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and shall ensure the provision of auxiliary aids and services for its staff or attendees to enable effective communication with disabled Event participants. Exhibitors must comply with all applicable federal, state and local fire and safety regulations. Any exhibit space that does not pass inspection will be ordered closed until all identified hazards are corrected or removed. Exhibitor shall be solely responsible for obtaining all licenses, permits or approvals under federal, state or local laws applicable to Exhibitor’s activities at the Event. Exhibitor shall be solely responsible for obtaining any necessary tax identification numbers, permits (including sellers permits and alcohol beverage permits) and for paying all taxes, including any applicable sales taxes, license fees, use fees, royalties or other fees, charges, levies or penalties that become due to any governmental authority in connection with its activities at the Event. If advised by Emerald to ship merchandise to a specific location, Exhibitor will do so and will not permit the delivery of merchandise to the Facility.
13. Representations, Warranties; Licenses; Communications: Exhibitor grants to Emerald a fully paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, and worldwide license to use, display and reproduce the name(s), logo(s), trademark(s), trade names, product names, and other Intellectual Property of Exhibitor in any directory in any media whatsoever (including print and electronic media) listing exhibitors at the Event, and in Emerald’s promotional materials. Emerald shall not be liable for any errors in any listings or descriptions or for omitting Exhibitor from any directory or other lists or materials. When Exhibitor provides Emerald any trademark, tradename, logo, text, graphics, photograph, video, or other materials that are the subject of any Intellectual Property Rights (collectively, “Content”), Exhibitor grants Emerald a worldwide, non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, royalty- free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, broadcast, make available, store and archive all such Content (in whole or in part), utilizing any and all media now known or hereinafter devised. Exhibitor represents and warrants that: (i) the Content and all Display Materials are owned by Exhibitor such that Exhibitor is the holder of all Intellectual Property Rights therein) or Exhibitor has the requisite legal right and license to use such Content and Display Materials as used by Exhibitor and to grant Emerald the right and license to use the Display Materials Content as provided herein, (ii) Emerald will not need to obtain licenses or permissions from any third party or pay compensation or royalties to any third party with respect to the Content or any Display Materials; (iii) Neither the Content nor any Display Materials infringe or violate any third party rights (including, but not limited to, Intellectual Property rights and the rights of publicity and privacy), and (iv) the Display Materials and Content comply, and Exhibitor complies, with all applicable laws related to the subject matter hereof. Emerald may also take photographs or videotape of Exhibitor’s display space, Display materials, invitees and personnel during, before, and/or after the Event, and use those photographs or videotape worldwide in any media whatsoever for any promotional purpose. Exhibitor understands and agrees that representatives from various media may visit the Event and photograph, videotape or otherwise record portions of the Event and include any part or all of the Display Materials and/or Content in any publication or broadcast without the express consent of, or liability to, Exhibitor.
No license or right is granted to Exhibitor whatsoever in or to any of Emerald’s Intellectual Property rights, including without limitation, the name(s) and logo(s) of Overland Outdoor Expo, the compass design, the Event coordinates, and any element of any of the foregoing. Exhibitor acknowledges and agrees that any use by it of any of Emerald’s Intellectual Property rights, including without limitation in or in connection with merchandise, apparel, other products, and/or services, is strictly prohibited, and that violation of the foregoing will carry severe consequences which may include without limitation, closing Exhibitor’s booth and/or banning Exhibitor from or rejecting Exhibitor’s application to participate in any other Emerald owned-or produced show.
By entering into this Agreement and providing contact information, including a telephone number, Exhibitor and its affiliates explicitly consent to being contacted by or on behalf of Emerald for any purposes, including but not limited to, sales, marketing, promotional offers, and customer care, and by any means, including autodialed calls, regardless whether the phone number appears on the National Do-Not-Call Registry (or state equivalent). Exhibitor consent is not required to purchase any goods or services from Emerald.
14. Services: Emerald has contracted, on an exclusive basis, with official contractors to provide certain services for the Event. Service companies other than the official contractors will not be allowed to perform any of these exclusive services. Non- exclusive services may be performed by exhibitor-appointed contractors (“EACs”) within certain guidelines. Please refer to the FAQ for a listing of exclusive services and EAC guidelines.
15. Character of Displays; Use of Aisles and Common Areas; Sound: Distribution of samples, printed matter of any kind, and any promotional material is restricted to the exhibit booth. Strolling entertainment or moving advertisements outside of Exhibitor’s exhibit space are prohibited. All exhibits shall display products or services in a tasteful manner. The aisles, passageways and overhead spaces remain strictly under the control of Emerald and no signs, decorations, banners, advertising material or special exhibits will be permitted in such areas except by written permission of Emerald. No booth equipment (i.e., tables, chairs, displays, etc.) shall protrude into the aisles under any circumstance. The use of devices for mechanical reproduction of sound or music may or may not be permitted in Emerald’s sole discretion. Sound of any kind must not be projected outside of Exhibitor’s exhibit space. Exhibitor is responsible for acquiring any necessary license to play copyrighted music or otherwise utilize third party materials subject to copyright or other protections. Exhibitor is specifically prohibited from employing any carnival-type attraction or from operating noise-creating devices such as bells, horns or megaphones.
16. Promotion Outside of Exhibit Space: Exhibitor is prohibited, without Emerald’s prior written approval, from displaying products or services, and/or other advertising material, in areas outside its booth space such as, but not limited to, aisles, parking lots, fence lines, streets, or walkways on venue property etc. Exhibitor is also prohibited from conducting unauthorized Facility tours. Exhibitor shall not operate hospitality functions or conduct other activities that may interfere with Event attendance during hours in which the Event is open or when any Emerald-sponsored activities are being held. All requests for a hospitality suite or public function space must be made through Emerald.
17. Admission Badges: Admission to the Event is by permitted only with official registration badges. Badges must be worn at all times, including set-up and teardown. Badges are the property of Emerald and are non-transferable. Exhibitor badges will be issued in the quantity provided on the Exhibit Space Contract only. Exhibitor badges may not be ordered for or transferred to buyers or non-employees. Lost badges may incur a reprinting fee. PRE-SHOW HOURS ENTRY: Exhibitor personnel are allowed to enter the Venue one hour prior to the Event opening each exhibit day. Any exhibitor requiring earlier entry must make prior arrangements with Emerald.
18. Vending: To sell products directly you may be required to acquire a Sellers Permit /Sales Tax License or special permits due to the nature of your product for the state in which you have registered to participate. These permits and licenses are the responsibility of the Exhibitor/vendor. Food/drink may NOT be sold (unless you are a registered food vendor for the show) . All goods or services sold at the Event should conform to current trading standards legislation. No gaming such as raffles or any other games of chance are permitted except by special permit. Any fundraising is done solely through our own permitted charity program.
19. Alcohol/Parties/Organized Gatherings: You must inform Emerald in advance of any intent to host a gathering that includes the distribution of alcohol at the Venue. Emerald will secure, at Exhibitor’s cost and expense, any and all required alcohol beverage permits and provide any and all required fencing, ID checks and security though its preferred vendors. Exhibitor shall and shall cause all of its personnel and invitees to strictly comply with all applicable alcohol beverage regulations. Exhibitors are strictly prohibited from selling or distributing any alcohol beverage at the event and from entering into sponsorship arrangements with any alcohol beverage producer, importer or distributor with respect to the Event. Failure to comply with any of the foregoing will be considered illegal and referred to appropriate law enforcement, and Exhibitor’s party, gathering and/or booth will be shut down immediately and Exhibitor will be required to exit the Event. Further, Exhibitor will not be invited to participate in future events. Without limiting any other remedy otherwise available to Emerald hereunder or at law or in equity, Exhibitor is solely responsible for and shall indemnify and hold harmless Emerald from and against any and all fines, judgments, penalties, costs and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ fees and costs, incurred by Emerald or any of its affiliates in connection with Exhibitor’s failure to comply with the foregoing. No distribution of alcohol beverages is permitted at the Event except in compliance with the foregoing.
20. Safety: No weapons permitted at the Venue. No drones permitted at the Venue. No fires allowed except as permitted by the Venue in designated areas. Violators may be reported to local authorities. All exhibitors must have fire extinguishers.
21. Vehicles: All vehicles must be parked in designated exhibitor parking lots unless they are an integral part of Exhibitor’s display. Display Vehicles are required to obtain a Display Vehicle Permit upon check-in for access to the display area and must be in place before the Event is open to the public. No exceptions. ABSOLUTELY NO driving in and out during public Event hours.
22. Electricity: Electricity is not available. Be self-contained. Generators must be ultra-quiet and shall not interfere with neighboring exhibitors. Operation of generators after 10:00 pm is strictly prohibited.
23. Cleaning: Exhibitors are responsible for cleaning and trash removal from their displays and must remove all trash daily.
24. Disputes: Any and all disputes or claims arising out of or relating in any way to this Agreement, any Event, and/or any services provided or representations made by Emerald will be resolved in binding arbitration by a single neutral arbitrator, rather than in court. This includes any disputes or claims concerning any prior event or agreement between the same parties or affiliated parties. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow and enforce the Agreement and these Terms and Conditions as a court would. Arbitrations will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) pursuant to its Commercial Arbitration Rules, which are available at www.adr.org. If Exhibitor commences an arbitration, Exhibitor will be responsible for filing fees and arbitrators’ fees as set forth in the AAA rules. To commence an arbitration, Exhibitor must send written notice to Emerald attn.: Legal Department, 31910 Del Obispo, Suite 200, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675, and to the AAA, fully describing any and all claims. If Emerald commences arbitration against Exhibitor, Emerald will be responsible for filing fees and may provide written notice to Exhibitor at any physical or email address Exhibitor provided in connection with this Agreement. If an in-person hearing is required by the AAA rules or the arbitrator, the hearing will take place in New York County, NY, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or ordered by the arbitrator. An arbitration award may be enforced by any court with competent jurisdiction. Any and all proceedings to resolve claims or disputes will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration the parties waive any right to a jury trial. This section shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
25. Governing Law: This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law, and the laws of the State of New York, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. To the extent that any claim or dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, Exhibitor hereby submits to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in New York County, NY, and waives all objections to venue or inconvenient forum, and any right to assert lack of personal jurisdiction. This section shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
26. Miscellaneous: This Agreement does not create any joint venture, partnership, agency, or employment relationship between the parties. Emerald and Exhibitor are independent contractors with respect to one another under the terms of this Agreement. Neither party shall have the authority to legally bind the other party to any contract, proposal, or commitment or to incur any debt or create any liability on behalf of the other. Exhibitor shall not assign or otherwise transfer this Agreement or any right or obligation hereunder to any other party without the prior written consent of Emerald; any attempted assignment in violation of this provision is null and void. No provision or part of this Agreement or remedy hereunder may be waived except by a writing signed by a duly authorized representative of Emerald and a signed waiver shall not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of or default under the same or any other provision of this Agreement, nor shall any delay or omission on the part of Emerald to exercise or avail itself of any right or remedy that it has or may have hereunder operate as a waiver of any right or remedy. Failure or delay by Emerald to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between Emerald and Exhibitor relating to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes any prior written or oral understandings, agreements or representations by or between Emerald and Exhibitor relating to the subject matter contained herein. Any amendment to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Emerald. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, such provision will be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and such provision as so reformed will continue in effect, consistent with the intent of the parties as of the Effective Date. Whenever the words “include,” “includes” or “including” are used in this Agreement, they shall be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation.” The parties have participated jointly in negotiating and drafting this Agreement. In the event that an ambiguity or a question of intent or interpretation arises, this Agreement shall be construed as if drafted jointly by the parties, and no presumption or burden of proof shall arise favoring or disfavoring any party by virtue of the authorship of any provision of this Agreement. Exhibitor represents and warrants that the party executing this Agreement on behalf of Exhibitor is duly authorized to act on behalf of Exhibitor and to execute this Agreement and legally bind Exhibitor to the terms contained herein. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall be deemed to be one and the same agreement. A signed copy of this Agreement delivered by facsimile, email of scanned copies, pdf, or other means of electronic transmission shall be deemed to have the same legal effect as delivery of an original signed copy of this Agreement. The parties intend this statement of their agreement to constitute the final, complete,
exclusive and fully integrated statement of the parties’ agreement. This section shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
FAQ’s will be updated and on website ASAP
SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS FOR ADVERTISING
The following terms and conditions are supplemental to, and governed by, the Exhibitor Terms and Conditions for Overland Expo West 2023 (the “Exhibitor Terms”). Capitalized terms used and not defined in these supplemental terms shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Exhibitor Terms.
Advertising Orders and Inventory Availability: (a) Emerald and Exhibitor may execute advertising orders (“Orders”) in conjunction with booking exhibition space. As applicable, each Order will specify: (i) the types and amounts of advertising units or other deliverables (collectively, “Deliverables”), (ii) the prices of such Deliverables, (iii) the total amount payable pursuant to such Order, and (iv) the identity of and contact information for Exhibitor.
(b) Emerald will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Exhibitor within five (5) business days of receipt of an advertising order booked by Exhibitor if the specified inventory is not available. Notwithstanding the foregoing, modifications to the originally submitted Order will not be binding unless approved through the applicable booking system.
(c) Revisions to accepted Orders must be made in writing and acknowledged by the other party in writing.
Advertising Materials: (a) For orders received along with booking exhibit space, Emerald will accept these orders through the online booking system.
(b) Emerald shall not be liable for any refund of booking dollars if advertising materials are not received by the submission date specified in the Final Technical Specifications, (as defined below). Further, Emerald is not required to guarantee full delivery of any Order if the corresponding advertising materials are delivered late. Emerald and Exhibitor will negotiate a resolution if Emerald has timely received all required advertising materials but fails to commence a campaign on the IO start date.
(c) Emerald reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or remove from any of its websites any ad for which the corresponding advertising materials,
software code, or website to which the ad is linked do not comply with Emerald’s advertising guidelines or policies, or which do not comply with any applicable law, rule or regulation, as determined by Emerald in its sole discretion. In addition, Emerald reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or remove from its digital advertising assets any ads or content for which the Advertising Materials or the website to which the ad is linked are, or may tend to bring, disparagement, ridicule, or scorn upon Emerald or the Event or any of Emerald’s other properties or affiliates, provided that if Emerald has reviewed and approved an ad prior to display, Emerald will not immediately remove such ad before making commercially reasonable efforts to acquire mutually acceptable alternative advertising materials from Exhibitor
(d) Emerald will not edit or modify the submitted ads in any way, including, but not limited to, resizing the ad, without Exhibitor’s approval.
(e) Trademark Usage. Emerald, on the one hand, and Exhibitor, on the other, will not use the other’s trade name, trademarks, logos, or ads in any public announcement (including, but not limited to, in any press release) regarding the existence or content of these Terms or an Order without the other’s prior written approval.
Ad Placement and Positioning: (a) Emerald will create a reasonably balanced delivery schedule and use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with all placement requests.
(b) Emerald will submit or otherwise make electronically accessible to Exhibitor final technical specifications (“Final Technical Specifications”) within five (5) business days of the acceptance of an Order. Emerald will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with the Exhibitor’s editorial adjacency guidelines as provided to Emerald with respect to ads that appear on Emerald’s properties, although Emerald will at all times retain editorial control over its properties.
It's Your Turn to Get Going &
Download our free guide to the overland industry as your year-round resource and start living your adventure.
Photo by Brett Willhelm, Willhelmn Visual Works