- 365 registered exhibitors from all over the world, mostly from the USA, with strong representation from Australia and an increase from Germany.
- 450+ classes, seminars, demos, activities, slideshows, and films; totaling 570+ session-hours of instruction
- 150 presenters, instructors, and VIPs
- 70 staff & 180 volunteers
- 14,500+ from around the world (total # on site)
- 675 Overland Experience package attendees
- Attendees came from as far away as Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Germany, Great Britain, Indonesia, Japan, Peru, Sweden, and Ukraine.
- Most U.S. states were represented; in highest attendance was California, Arizona, Colorado and Nevada; others came from as far east as Florida, and from as far north as Alaska. All Canadian providences were in attendance.
- Exhibitor registration grew by 30%, our biggest year yet!
- The same growth curve was seen in the attendee growth; our premium packages sold out by January and our general tickets for camping sold out by March. Day passes don’t sell out and this year we nearly doubled our numbers.
- We are seeing increased growth in ladies' attendance and in purchasing adventure vehicles and motorcycles for independent travel.
- We launched the Kids Expedition Skills Area, aimed at ages 8-17, and it was a huge success!
What People Are Saying
"... wanted to say how much I appreciated all of your help in making my first visit such a great time. The information you provided me in advance was timely and comprehensive. Thank you for the opportunity to present at Expo!"
~ Rhonda Reynolds
"All of the training discussions reinforced that what we do is a sport, and it's something that we need to practice at to improve our skills. I'm transitioning from the enduro/dual-sport world, and I'm enjoying the challenge of learning to ride my Rally-Raid Honda CB500X on the tougher ADV trails . . . thank you again for hosting the training Q&A. I left with a positive attitude towards improving my big bike off-road skills, and helping others improve their skills."
~ David Maynard
Featured Media Coverage
ARTICLES AND ONLINE PUBLICATIONS
- ADV Pulse: Motorcycles at 2018 Overland Expo WEST
- Curbed: RB Components and Conversion Vans
- Four Wheeler Network: Top Five Extreme 4x4 Campers
- Four Wheeler Network: Kenda Klever RT First Impressions
- Gear Junkie: Burly Nissan: Armada ‘Mountain Patrol’ Hits Overland Expo
- Gear Junkie: Lightweight Pop Top Truck Campers
- Gear Junkie: Off-Road Gear Trends for 2018
- Gear Junkie: Outfit Your Rig: New Gear From Overland Expo 2018
- Gear Junkie: Recon Fills Small Camper Void with Custom Nissan
- Gear Junkie: Top Ten Adventuremobiles
- Hagerty: Oddball 4x4s
- New Atlas: Big Rig Motorhomes and Adventure Vehicles
- New Atlas: Jeep Wrangler becomes the ultimate pop-up adventure camper with new JXL conversion
- New Atlas: TetonX off-road trailers slide out modern convenience at camp
- Off-Road.com: The Coolest New Products We Found
- Off-Road.com: We Take the Long Way with Nissan
- Outside Online: Our Favorite #Vanlife Gear
- Outside Online: The Ten Sweetest Rigs
- PickupTrucks.com: AEV Branches Out With Parts for Chevrolet Colorado
- Trucks.com: 5 Reasons Overland Travel is Hot Right Now
- Trucks.com: Nissan Armada Mountain Patrol Embraces the Overland Lifestyle
- Truck Camper Adventure: EarthCruiser Reveals New Modular Truck Camper
- Truck Camper Adventure: Top 4x4 Extreme Campers
- Truck Camper Adventure: Top 10 Campers
- Wired Focus: New Gear from Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- AEV Forum: AEV Releases Colorado Parts at Overland Expo
- Africa Twin Forum: Overland Expo 2018 in Arizona
- Overland Bound: Night Photos
- Overland Bound: Day One – Favorite Vehicles
- Overland Bound: Day Two – LR FC101 Realness
- Sportsmobile Forum: Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- Upland Journal: The Overland Expo in Flagstaff
BLOGS AND EXPEDITION WEBSITES
- The Adventure Portal: Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- American Adventurist: Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- Blue Ridge Built: Journey to Overland Expo WEST 2018
- Cake.co: Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- Expedition Portal: AT Overland Summit Camper
- Exploring Elements: Overland Expo 2018 WEST
- Int.org: Subaru Owners Show Their Rides
- Proffitt's Resurrection Land Cruisers
- Roadtraveler.net: AEV Outpost II Jeep Camper
- Strolling Amok: 2018 Overland Expo, Day 1
- Ural Motorcycles
- Decked Diaries: Image Gallery
- Four Wheeler Network: Day 1 Mega Gallery
- Four Wheeler Network: 15 Ways to Tacoma
- New Atlas: The dust-tarnished adventure and camper vans of Overland Expo West 2018
- New Atlas: All-terrain teardrops, mil-spec boxes and other camping trailers
- Torco: Image Gallery
- Been There Doing That:
VIDEOS & VLOGS
- ADV Pulse: Wolfman Luggage
- Colorado Adventure Project: Ep 3 Overland Expo or Bust
- Four Wheeler Network: Nissan Introduces Armada Mountain Patrol at Overland Expo WEST
- TFL Truck: Is Hummer H2 Overland Ready?
- TFL Truck: The Nissan Recon Is the Camper Van You Never Thought You Wanted
- Weekend Wranglers: Overland Expo & Sneak Peeks
ON SOCIAL MEDIA
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Our History Discover the excitement
Photo by Brett Willhelm, Willhelmn Visual Works