- 100+ exhibitors, authors, videographers and VIP travelers / feature vehicles
- 150 classes, programs, films, demos
- 120 presenters, instructors, and VIPs
- 12 staff & 60 volunteers
- 3000+ from around the world during the weekend
- Close to 500 participants were Overland Experience package attendees, almost what we have for the WEST show (which grew to that number over 6 years).
- Attendees came from as far away as Australia, Egypt, Korea, and South Africa.
- Many U.S. states and nearly all Canadian provinces were represented: Californians and Oregonians made the trek, and in particular, Ontario and Quebec, as well as Florida, Tennessee, and Virginia.
- Beautiful private venue at Taylor Ranch, with mist-covered lakes in the mornings, flyfishing and drift- and rowing-boat demos in the afternoons.
- The start of fall colors and cool temperatures.
- Our most dynamic and centrally located Camel Trophy Skills area yet.
- A long and challenging driving course, and an epic mud recovery area.
Photo & Video Highlights
What People Are Saying
“Our rep who attended for Lance Campers was very happy with traffic and interest in our truck camper he had on display. Thanks much, please count us in for next year’s expos."
~Bob Rogers, Lance Camper Manufacturing Corporation
“Your team [is] amazing. Each event is absolutely second to none. I am humbled to have had the privilege of covering the Overland Expo EAST (as well as a couple of past events), and look forward to more in the future.”
~ John, Adventure Banter
“I want to thank you for all that you do to organize the event. We had a great time and met some wonderful people while we were there. Again I want to thank you for your hard work and dedication that you put into organizing such a large event.”
~Craig Davidson, James Baroud USA
“My first overland anything event or experience. Amazing. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful. Made some great new friends. Classes were fantastic. Vendors were equally gracious. Agree with other comments about food. The BBQ was great, and more variety would have been great. Luckily, I planned to cook for myself the entire time. Can't wait to come back again next year to learn more and reconnect with folks. Now to put into practice what I learned and keep building out the Jeep and campsite.”
~Comment on Expedition Portal forum
“Just got home today from Overland expo East in N.C., had a good time, met some nice people, got some good information. Just want to drop this short email to say thank you and if you have this again next year I will go as well. Again, just want to thank you all for the good time and opening my eyes to the possibilities that are out there.”
“I would like to thank both of you for your time and efforts in organizing this event. I had an exceptionally good time and it was well worth attending. Everyone there was exceptionally kind and thoughtful. I am looking forward to Overland Expo EAST #2 next year. Wishing you both a safe trip home.”
“We had a great time at Overland East. Taylor Ranch is a beautiful location and the crowd was really great. Thanks again for all your efforts and hard work. We plan to be back next year!”
~Annie, Earth Roamer
"I want to thank you and the staff at the Expo for accommodating our FJ Cruiser group. Everything was very well organized and the location was awesome. I personally was overwhelmed by the number of attendees and the exhibitors/vendors. There were some incredible overland vehicles and trailers to see and tour. BUT … my want list grew exponentially and I think my wife is already tired of me talking about what I want to do/build next, but in a good way. Thanks again and can’t wait for the next event.”
Featured Media Coverage
BLOGS and EXPEDITION WEBSITES, 2014
- Brandon and Gwen
- Dirt Road Trip
- Exploring Elements
- John and Mandi
- Nerds on the Road
- Overland the World
- Passion 4 Travel
- Spirit Strike
- The New Artemis
- Bushcraft USA
- Expedition Portal
- Expedition Portal, Bryon Dorr
- FJ Cruiser Forums
- Two Wheeled Texans
IMAGE GALLERIES, 2014
VIDEOS and VIDEO BLOGS, 2014
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Our History Discover the excitement
Photo by Brett Willhelm, Willhelmn Visual Works