- 125 registered exhibitors, including feature vehicles and authors
- 150 classes, seminars, demos, activities, slideshows, and films; totaling 330 session-hours of instruction
- 120 presenters, instructors, and VIPs
- 30 staff & 70 volunteers
- 3,000+ from around the world (total # on site)
- 530 Overland Experience package attendees
- Attendees came from as far away as Australia, France, Germany, South Africa, and Sweden.
- Many U.S. states were represented; in highest attendance was North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Ohio and Virginia; others came from as far west as California, and from as far as far north as Maine; there were also a few Canadian provinces represented: Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec.
- We celebrated the first grantee of the Change Your World Fund with a party on Saturday night, which was received with overwhelming support and standing-room-only for the raffle drawing.
- Hosted a Cool Ride Contest, and announced the winner on Saturday at Happy Hour.
- Had great weather in Asheville, despite another looming hurricane on the coast.
What People Are Saying
"... we had a wonderful experience at the Expo and were extremely impressed by how smoothly and efficiently everything ran. We are already looking forward to next year!"
"We had a great time at the event... We stayed more than busy during our time there and did the Biltmore tour on Monday. Just now getting purchases completed with vendors who ran out of stock on things I “needed” for my rig."
"I just wanted to send a note to say a massive thank you to you all, for the amazing Overland Expo you all worked very hard on. As my first experience I came away extremely inspired . . .The Biltmore was an amazing choice of venue. Camping with the thousands of great people was a memory I will remember for a long time. I intend on returning next year and look forward to seeing you all again."
~ Charles Forman, explmore
"My wife and I had a fantastic time at the Overland Expo camping, attending many of the classes offered, visiting vendors and enjoying a couple very nice 28th wedding Anniversary dinners at Biltmore Antler Hill. We loved the new venue at the Biltmore estate and hope it stays there for next year!"
~Paul & Joy Perry
"First off – THANK YOU! Excellent event, first timers but will definitely be returning! Had a great time and did get engaged… so have so many reasons to return next year!"
~ Roy L. Mohr Jr
"WOW, Overland Expo East 2016 was amazing for me! This was my first time to OEE in Asheville and, in fact, my first time to the Asheville area. It was great to visit with Roseann and Jonathan Hanson again. I feel that I've gotten to know them a little bit from attending OE at the Mormon Lake Lodge the last 4 years and from corresponding even longer than that with them. The on-site camping was great with the convenience of the water hydrants and the showers, as well as the great site, itself. The exhibitors were, once again, world class. I especially got a kick out of meeting and visiting with Alan Davis, the founder and owner of Blue Ridge Chair Works. He fixed me up with a really cool table. What a great guy, great company and great product!
The venue, the Biltmore Estate, is phenomenal! I've wanted to visit the Biltmore for years and having the Overland Expo East held there this year was just what it took for me to decide to attend. It is over 1,400 miles each way from the Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation in South Dakota, where I ranch, to Ashevelle, but it was incredibly well worth it. I was just thinking, that exactly one week ago right now, I was having dinner in the dining room at the Inn at Biltmore and it was great.
Overall, it was an incredible adventure for me. Thank you Roseann and Jonathan and to the entire Overland Expo crew as well as the entire staff at the Biltmore Estate for such a great experience and memory! I really hope that OEE returns to the Biltmore again next year. There are so many more things that I'd like to experience there."
~Expedition Portal post
Featured Media Coverage
ARTICLES AND ONLINE PUBLICATIONS
- FourWheeler Network
- Outside Online, 16 Ways to Trick Out. . .
- Outside Online, Inside Converted Ambulance
- Outside Online, Inside Crashed Airplane
- New Atlas, Best of the east
- New Atlas, Hitchin' a ride
- New Atlas, Ozone pen for potable water
- New Atlas, Nutty aluminum camp trailers
- New Atlas, Folding and inflatable boat
- Truckcampermagazine.com, Long Drive for a Short Pickup
BLOGS AND EXPEDITION WEBSITES
VIDEOS & VLOGS
- workplaycare Excellent expo! We learned so much and met so many great people! Thank you for helping us prep for our next adventure!
- tlcadventures09 Our first overland expo was a success. We had a great time and learned a lot for our upcoming drive across country!! Thanks for an awesome experience!! @overlandexpo
- glouleon The event was awesome - we ❤️❤️❤️ the new venue! @biltmore staff was amazing!
- nuthouse_industries_llc Awesome event and a big thank you to the staff for the great job!
- capcityvanagons Y'all did an AWESOME job! So glad we participated and we will see y'all next year! ???????????????? @overlandexpo
- oldmanjibjab It was Rad!
- goosegear As always, a wonderful event. Thank you all for your hard work.
- momskof4 Fantastic fun. Got to meet some great people. Thanks so much.
- tw4adventures Thanks for putting it on! Glad we could participate! See you next year!
- expeditionwire So cool. We're definitely going to both in '17. Who is up for some road trips?
- brettpisha Job well done!! See you next year.
- cshell927 Thanks for putting on such a great event. Incredibly helpful and informative, in particular for a relative newcomer. Can't wait for next year!
- jmulinaro13 Had a blast! Can't wait to attend next year!
- lr4overit Unbelievable fun. Some of the coolest people I've ever met. Worth every penny. The weather was even pretty decent, considering the potential...
- tembotusk Another great Overland Expo! Thanks for all the hard work!
- scullyoffroad Another awesome event in the books! Thanks to all the participants who came to classes this year!!!! @scullyoffroad
- thesammyeffect First time ever getting to make it out to the Expo and I can say, I'll be back every year!
- hoptical_illusion It was my first expo. You all did a great job. Thanks.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Our History Discover the excitement
Photo by Brett Willhelm, Willhelmn Visual Works