A group of Overland Expo ambassadors and exhibitors wind their way to Overland Expo Mountain West 2022 through Colorado’s Alpine Loop.
- 18,000 total attendees
- 310 registered exhibitors
- 77 presenters, trainers, and VIPs
- 72 journalists from overland, off-road, general automotive, outdoor, and men's lifestyle media outlets
- 35 event staff
- 323+ classes, seminars, demos, activities, slideshows, and films; totaling 327+ session hours of instruction
- Campers and day pass attendees came from all over the country including Florida, New Hampshire, Washington, and California.
- Many U.S. states were represented; in highest attendance were Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico.
- Compass Coverage: Best Gear of Overland Expo Mountain West
- Compass Coverage: Best Toyotas of Overland Expo Mountain West
- GMC hosted the in-person debut of the all-new GMC Canyon.
- INEOS hosted the first US public debut of the Grenadier prototype.
- Hundreds attended the Friday night raffle with thousands of dollars worth of prizes donated from exhibiting companies. The raffle raised $6,300 for the Overland Expo Foundation.
- Saturday’s moto party raised over $5,000 for Wellspring Outreach - an International Children’s Charity. Attendees raised $2000, Rider Justice owner Scott O’Sullivan, matched that $2,000, and Overland Expo threw in another $1,000.
- Thousands attended Happy Hours hosted by KUHL, Goal Zero, and RedArc for networking and post-event libations in the XGRiD Campers Oasis Bar & Food Court.
- Thousands of fans drove the Ram 1500 Rebel and 2500 Power Wagon trucks on an off-road driving course with obstacles that highlighted each truck’s approach, departure, and break-over angles, plus the opportunity to test Ram’s trail-based technology.
- Attendees demoed Kenda Tires driving overland kitted Jeeps on an off-road ride-along course.
- Attendees learned to ride motorcycles with the Motorcycle Industry Council’s Ride With Us program and had the opportunity to demo Ducati, Yamaha, UBCO, and Triumph motorcycles all weekend.
- Overland Essentials, Backcountry Skills, Around The World Pavilion, and other classroom areas were full of thousands of eager learners throughout the weekend.
What People Are Saying
This was our first time at Overland Expo MTN West. We knew going into it that our brand would be a natural fit with the overland crowd. We were blown away at the response we received from passionate Kuhl customers and the amount of meaningful conversations we had with other brands. We'll 100% be back!
Jonny Atencio, Marketing - Kühl Clothing
The event was very well organized and featured so many innovative companies and vendors! So many new products that have never been seen before. Plenty of awesome food vendors. We had lots of engaging conversations with attendees who were here to learn and were genuinely interested. We will definitely be back for 2023.
Cora Jokinen, President - Torq-Masters Industries
It’s been a busy weekend! Overland Expo Mountain West proved to be another great event. Lodestone put on a well organized show with their amazing staff. The show was been busy and well attended.
Rod Leishman, Owner - Antishanty
We have had a very successful show here in Loveland. A constant flow of traffic & a lot of buyers. The buyers are a great crowd. The Overland Staff has been great too! Very helpful & friendly. We will be back next year!
Michelle Anderegg - WeBoost
Overland Expo is our favorite event to introduce our new Expedition Trucks. Not only is the event staff great to work with but the customers that travel to the event from all over the world are incredible people that love the overland experience. I always look forward to exhibiting at Overland Expo more than any other show we attend.
Jud Eades - Owner, Adrenalin Industries
Wow, where do begin? Overland Expo is my Disney World. This event and organization are pretty incredible. I have attended this event since 2018 but Mountain West was my first time attending as a volunteer. It has been especially rewarding feeling like I am a part of the fabric of the event making a difference helping the organization and the attendees. I love working with the staff and the enjoyed the opportunity to meet so many great people. I highly encourage others to give volunteering a shot as you WILL gain a great network of friends and contacts.
Pete West - Volunteer from Thornton, Colorado
This was my first time volunteering at Overland Expo. My experience was fantastic and all the staff members here were just amazing. Everything was well organized making it easy and flexible. I’m looking forward to another opportunity to help again!
Kimiko Chambers - First Time Overland Expo Volunteer
I felt honored with the task of teaching a seminar on branding with Overland Expo. Having been a teacher before I knew the drill but admittedly I didn’t expect as many people to show up and be as involved as they were. The sharing of ideas and interactivity of the participants was beyond my expectations and led to some fruitful conversations. On a more personal level, I suffer from bouts of imposter syndrome even within the success that I have created. The amount of people that complemented the course and came to talk to me afterwards during the event, some for an hour or so, helped reaffirm that I’m in the right line of work. Thanks Overland Expo!
Ryan Nicholl - Overland Expo Instructor
Presenting at overland expos has been incredibly helpful in growing my brand. Not only is a great place for connecting and sharing knowledge with the community, but multiple partnerships have directly come from attending and presenting.
Chef Corso - Backcountry Cooking Class Instructor
We had a BLAST for our first Overland Expo!!! Thank you so much for all the great prizes we won at the raffle. Our favorite class was the Wilderness First Aid class— I learned how to use a tourniquet! We are looking forward to attending next year’s show and really just can’t say enough good things about our experience here. Met so many great people, got great ideas for our own overland plans, met great vendors, and ate great food all weekend.
Joanna - Attendee from Port Orchard, Washington
The Overland Expo experience was awesome! There were so many cool people and awesome products. I was surprised by the diversity of vehicles and modifications people are making. The event is very professionally-run and well-organized.
Kris, First Time Overland Expo Attendee
This was our first experience at Mountain West. For us, it was an all-around epic adventure traveling from Southern California all the way through the backcountry of Colorado. We enjoyed visiting all the vendor booths and having some hands on experiences like learning to ride a motorcycle in the Ride With Us program and driving a Ram truck on an off-road obstacle course. The connections and new friends we made at Mountain West will be forever memorable.
Randy and Milin Ream, Attendees/Social Media Ambassadors
Featured Media Coverage
72 journalists from overland, off-road, general automotive, outdoor, and men's lifestyle media outlets attended Overland Expo including Overland International, TREAD Magazine, TFLTruck, ADV Rider, Overland Bound, Outside Magazine, Denver Post, and Axios Denver. Some of the early media coverage includes:
- MSN: Check Out These Insane Off-Road Capable Camper Trucks At The Overland Expo Mountain West
- AXIOS: The hottest cars at the Overland Expo: EVs
- TFL Truck: Top 5 Cool & Over-the-Top Trucks From the Overland Expo
- Overland Expo Compass: Best Gear Of Overland Expo Mountain West
- FOX 2 Denver: The Road Much Less Traveled
Out of all of the exhibitors, classes, and gear available at Overland Expo Mountain West, it’s difficult to walk more than a few steps without running into an incredible rig.
The popularity of overland trailers is on the rise. If you attended the recent Overland Expo Mountain West, this would be no surprise, given how many trailers were at the event.
Our editorial staff spent some time checking out all of the excellent vendors at Overland Expo Mountain West. We found new items from brands we’ve known and loved for years, and we also discovered what some of our new exhibitors have to offer. Overland Expo is always a great place to find gear for your rig, camp, and more, so without further ado, check out some of our favorite pieces of kit from our most recent event.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Our History Discover the excitement
Photo by Brett Willhelm, Willhelmn Visual Works